Any other Jo Jo Gunne fans on here?

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6170
Their first album from 1972 is still one of my all time favourites. They had a big hit off of it with 'Run Run Run' but the standout track for me has always been 'Academy Award'.

After 43 years.. it still send shivers down my spine when I hear it

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23115
    I got a bargain double CD with (all?) four of their albums, mainly due to their connection with Spirit.

I don't like all of it, but there's some good stuff.

• Their first album is a fine piece of Southern Rock. The other ones have their moments, but ultimately nowhere near as good as their self titled album. The wee slide guitar lick on Run Run Run is great too, I'd love to play that song with a band at some point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11347
    I think "Run Run Run" was my first introduction to slide guitar, I remember thinking it sounded like a sports car set to music. Great stuff.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6170
    Their first album is a fine piece of Southern Rock. The other ones have their moments, but ultimately nowhere near as good as their self titled album. The wee slide guitar lick on Run Run Run is great too, I'd love to play that song with a band at some point.
    Yep @StageStruck, their first album was their finest moment.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15991
    edited October 2015
    when I was a lad I used tae play RRR........bottleneck and all......there is one little tricky( timing thingy where the band all slow down ) bit at the end of the song I could never quite get a handle on......ooo ooo ooooo great song
    tae be or not tae be