SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED!! PRS SC245 2009: 10 top w/moons

dcgdcg Frets: 231
edited October 2017 in Guitars £

£1299 plus postage (central London)

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o578/dcgloster/P1040475_zpsgqbrmov7.jpg

This is a phenomenal guitar, and easily PRS's best singlecut - with the right scale length (24.5", hence the name), and a response to your picking that is deliciously dynamic,  and has to be experienced to be believed. The guitar extends the pedigree and range of its original (Lester Polfus) inspiration, and is capable of both extreme subtlety and great power.  Light in weight, this particular instrument is rare in having beautiful abalone dots instead of the usual birds (no PRS I've owned has had birds...draw your own conclusions).  It is in exceptional condition, and plays effortlessly; the year of manufacture is 2009.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o578/dcgloster/P1040482_zpsfrgtx244.jpg

So, if a PRS with less ostentatious appointments reflects your (excellent) taste - but you still thirst for a perfectly balanced, flamed maple 10 top in one of the truly classic PRS colours (and why not?) - this guitar needs to find its way to your home. BTW, the guitar is light - 3,6kgs/7,92lbs.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o578/dcgloster/P1040474_zpsvsgmf718.jpg

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o578/dcgloster/P1040473_zpsfa3hlb9w.jpg

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o578/dcgloster/P1040478_zps7nfbedii.jpg

Cash on collection (very much preferred) or bank transfer only, please.  And if you’d like to discuss any aspect of this excellent guitar, please text me on 07754 254299.  

PLEASE NOTE: postage costs with full insurance in the UK likely to be c. £70; international shipping costs will be more, and dependent on destination.  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dcgdcg Frets: 231
    48hr bump...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Where are you based? And neck shape ? Guitar's not your's please !
    I'm in Central London, near the zoo, but am mobile.  The neck is wide-fat, and rounded; it's not a total pawful, and personally I find it really comfortable.  I'd hesitate to describe it as Les Paul 59-like (never having owned one), but my guess is that that was PRS' intention.   
    48hr legal bump...
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited November 2015

dcg said:
    I'm in Central London, near the zoo, but am mobile.  The neck is wide-fat, and rounded; it's not a total pawful, and personally I find it really comfortable.  I'd hesitate to describe it as Les Paul 59-like (never having owned one), but my guess is that that was PRS' intention.   
    If it's any help with comparison, my 2009 SC245 wide/fat neck isn't as wide as my R9 but would be as deep.  The R9 has a more C shape and the PRS wide/fat has a slightly more V-shape to it.  The SC245 neck is very comfortable.

I wonder when they started putting the binding back on the SC245's?

Nice guitar and have a bump on me.
    Thanks for the neck info/clarification; much appreciated.

The 'binding' question is a minor mystery; other guitars from the same period have this, although mine doesn't.  On the other hand, a PRS 10 top with moons is slightly anomalous; 10 with birds is the usual, although not my choice combo.  This may have been a special order I suppose, but I never asked the first owner...
  • No mystery at all, it's just the default for that finish - Violin sunburst wrap or some-such.
    48hr legal bump...
    Too fab to let go...
    ...but fickle as I am, this was subsequently traded for a Carr The Bloke.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6712
    Well done. I just got my cranberry version (which is for sale) out of its case and have strong, strong doubts about selling now...
    I agree they're very good guitars, and once I'd installed a Callaham solid steel tailpiece that took it to another level.  However, I think that once a guitar or any other bit of gear gets into the doubtful zone, it really is all over and means they have to be moved on.  The only guitar I've withdrawn from sale here - and actually really really kept - is my G E Smith signature Tele.  That truly is going nowhere.