Jeff Beck Strat tremelo arm

What's Hot
Dear all 

Could anyone advise where I could purchase a Strat tremelo similar to that used by Jeff beck?? I have a late 70's Strat and am wondering if there are also differences in the threads on the arm??

Trev
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    edited October 2015
    Jeff uses just a plain old standard Fender US two point trem - nothing special about it at all, just his hands!
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
    edited November 2015
    Fuzzdog;838371" said:
    Jeff uses just a plain old standard Fender US two point trem - nothing special about it at all, just his hands!
    Agreed, but from personal experience I find my own Jeff Beck impressions although still woeful tend to work better on modern two point trems rather than a vintage six screw type trem.

*edit*

That said I would point out that if you wanted a more fluid feeling trem without hacking your 70's Strat apart I can heartily recommend the Wudtone Constant Pivot trem system.
    I'm not sure if it's the additional steel plate that the trem base rocks on or the way Andy has altered the plate around the six screw holes but for me it is by far the slinkiest feeling six screw type trem I've ever used and it gets very close to the super slinky feel of a 2 point trem and I know that it would drop directly in to your Strat without modification
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    The Jeff Beck signature models have a push in arm, presumably to cope with the extra whammy antics. Presumably an American Deluxe spec trem but with plain block saddles.
  • andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited November 2015
    hey @DrBob, we have a bit of Jeff Beck style playing on a guitar fitted with a Wudtone  trem here,

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/39630/bad-boy-jeff-beck-impressions

Note , use of quite a long trem Arm ( sepcial order ) and its the Wudtone CP VT plate version and not the Holy Grail version. The CP VT is a little looser and quicker in feel as the plate is lighter  ( less inertia) , you can even hear some of the ole Beck Warble etc 

cheers and thanks for the mention