SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT 1988 Rickenbacker 230 Hamburg Guitar Mapleglo

What's Hot
1988 Rickenbacker 230 Hamburg in mapleglow.Some wear and buckle rash on the body but neck very clean with hardly any wear.Great playing little Rick.Looking to sell for £525 or may trade.Not really interested in modern guitars/amps but may trade or take in px vintage guitars/valve amps/pedals or vintage guitar parts.Had problems adding photos to this post.Photos on my Gumtree add below.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/1988-rickenbacker-230-hamburg-mapleglow/1140453683

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andrewandrew Frets: 47
    Couldn't agree with @Jookyjr more. That's one hell of a tasty Ricky!
    Sarcasm is often hard to detect in writing. If in doubt - yes, I was taking the piss.
  • lukedluked Frets: 0
    thanks for the comments and adding the photos,these guitars were only made for a short period,late 80's/early 90's
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    I had a 220 Hamburg in mapleglo...they're great guitars :-)
  • I've played this guitar - really nice.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14550
    edited June 2018
    Shameless zombie thread hijack.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Seeing as this is resurrected, I'll jump on board, @HarrySeven do you own this now?

@andy1839 ;His Lordship did own the OP guitar but eventually traded it on to some fool. That fool paid somebody to tidy up what little remained of the frets. 

In recent weeks, whilst investigating an electrical problem on somebody else's Ric 360-12, that fool made a crafty recording. It occurred to that fool that it might be worth restringing the 230 with Nashville High Tuning strings. There is also an argument for running the 15k humbuckers via DP3T mini switches to obtain a more convincing jingle jangle sound.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    Does that fool talk about himself in the third person as that fool?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Only when sending up somebody on this forum. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    I like that fool. Sounds a good guy
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    @andy1839 ;His Lordship did own the OP guitar but eventually traded it on to some fool. That fool paid somebody to tidy up what little remained of the frets. 

In recent weeks, whilst investigating an electrical problem on somebody else's Ric 360-12, that fool made a crafty recording. It occurred to that fool that it might be worth restringing the 230 with Nashville High Tuning strings. There is also an argument for running the 15k humbuckers via DP3T mini switches to obtain a more convincing jingle jangle sound.
     :3 
    ta!
    andy1839 said:
    :3 ta!
    I am surprised that Lord Seven could not spare the time to answer you in person. He must be busy, routing a Gibson Les Paul for an incongruous vibrato bridge. 
    UPDATE
    I have now carried out my threat to restring with 10-14-09-12-18-26w.

Additionally, after some cursory Interweb research, I finally appreciate the significance of the Teletronix LA-2A compressor to the early McGuinn sound. 

I now get most of the jangle of a RIC twelve string without the hassle of the hypodermic punctures inflicted whilst changing strings.
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Very rare, bit like the Glenn Frey model. 
    I know that the 230/250 was never exactly a million seller but I do not consider them to be all that rare.