Happy Pig in the brown.

ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
Saturday evening I was playing guitar in a country/rock band in a small town B.legion club (not something i make a habbit of). Busy band, this is our second gig this year and we haven't played together since about March. Anyway I tend not to restring my guitars so much these days but went for broke (I took 4 guitars for the hell of it but didn't restring the acoustic). I also took my 47 year old marshall amp (which I've not done so much since the JBL cab is heavy) so I left the 2x12" JBL at home and took the little 1 x 10" home made cab with a 60w celestion. I knew volume would be low because the singist had a sore throat and only took his 150w PA mixer amp FFS!

Anyroadup, the guitar just sounded inspiring to the point that I was reminded why I love the amp (even through the 1x10" open back) and new strings just make it all sparkle and sing. I found myself playing some very musical if simple lead work and really enjoying it despite the ancient country thing. Good tone can do that for me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4701
    There's now't wrong wi' a bit of country, lad. 

And it sounds as if you were a bit inspired too :-)
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom