Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Providence Delay 80's vs Modded DD2 vs Others

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Bumping this to fish for TES compliments from @ThorpyFX as he's spent a week in a barely legal relationship with my TES....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6184
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Bumping this to fish for TES compliments from @ThorpyFX as he's spent a week in a barely legal relationship with my TES....
    Let's get the elephant in the room dealt with first, the TES is an obscenely expensive pedal. But...... it sounds very very nice. There are a few things that it does very well.

1) it's buffer is great,
    2) it's noise free, no clock noise and no bullshit
    3) the repeats are very very sweet sounding
    4) the repeats get out of the way of your main note and as such the delay is very easy to play
    5) the delay is nicely bright and present
    6) plays incredible with dirt.

anyway, I compared it to my moog and I have to say for a core delay sound I prefer the TES, that being said the moog has more bells and whistles including a tap tempo option. So all in all it matters not as I have the moog and that's that. 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5276
    i wonder this...if it is the delay pedal to end the "search" for good, it probably represents good value for money considering how many pedals delay hounds must go through looking for the one :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    mgaw said:
    i wonder this...if it is the delay pedal to end the "search" for good, it probably represents good value for money considering how many pedals delay hounds must go through looking for the one :)
    All I'll say is my 2290 was low rent without the TES around.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    ThorpyFX said:
    Gassage said:
    Let's get the elephant in the room dealt with first, the TES is an obscenely expensive pedal. But...... it sounds very very nice. There are a few things that it does very well.

1) it's buffer is great,
    4) the repeats get out of the way of your main note and as such the delay is very easy to play

anyway, I compared it to my moog and I have to say for a core delay sound I prefer the TES, that being said the moog has more bells and whistles including a tap tempo option. So all in all it matters not as I have the moog and that's that. 

Thorpy, are you talking about the mf104m super delay? Does yours hiss a lot? Mine does, it's almost annoying. The moog dealer here checked it out but said they fixed it. Still the same hiss...
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Gassage said:
    1. TES are 1000 not 1800 2. They are incredible and very very good 3. Are there things as good? Well a 2290 is better for digital, and the flightime is close to the tes for sure. 4. Re the dd2 myth...the only thing he uses is the dd2 long chip, which is also found in many high end rack units. Inside, there's 2 PC buffers, parallel mixing and much tweaking and magic. A good analogy is saying I would never buy the R8 turbo as the turbo chargers are the same as on a TT (which they are). 5. I'd have another, for sure.
    Gibson are turbocharging their reissues now? 

And people say there's not enough innovation.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6184
    tFB Trader
    ruoma said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Gassage said:

1) it's buffer is great,

Thorpy, are you talking about the mf104m super delay? Does yours hiss a lot? Mine does, it's almost annoying. The moog dealer here checked it out but said they fixed it. Still the same hiss...
    Yeah same delay as you, Nope mines dead silent 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9551
    ruoma said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Gassage said:

1) it's buffer is great,

The SD are sometimes known to be slightly noisier than the 'standard' 104m... Ive owned both (and Thorpy's is my old one), but the noise is often rig dependant. Mine was dead quiet.
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Wazmeister said: 
    The SD are sometimes known to be slightly noisier than the 'standard' 104m... Ive owned both (and Thorpy's is my old one), but the noise is often rig dependant. Mine was dead quiet.
    Well I'm playing it through my J20 and it hisses quite badly. Have gotten the logic board replaced and still the same thing. Doesn't hiss as bad when I use it as an insert in my audio interface with my daw :/