Reverb stopped working

harpoharpo Frets: 177
edited November 2015 in Amps
On my blues junior. It was working three weeks ago and it's been resting in the garage since then. Plugged in today and nothing of reverb comes through even when dimed .....does this mean a replacement unit??
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10710
    Does it boing when you kick it?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • harpoharpo Frets: 177
    Haha when it's turned on do you mean?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72512
    Try wiggling the two connectors to the tank first, or take them out and spray a bit of contact cleaner or WD-40 on them. If it's been in the garage for three weeks a spot of corrosion could have occurred there.

If it's not that it is likely to be a problem with the tank, and unless its one of the very newest amps with a Ruby one, it probably will need replacing - the Accutronics ones can sometimes be repaired but it's not easy and not always possible.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• harpoharpo Frets: 177
    Replaced tank with a new one and still nothing. Grrrrr
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72512
    Does the Fat switch still work? The switching is driven from the same power supply that feeds the reverb. If it doesn't, it will be something in that supply. If it does, it's probably the reverb drive/return IC.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein