Kids today....scalextric kind of

What's Hot
underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
edited November 2015 in Off Topic
OK this is a basic OMFG have you seen this thing. I been looking for something for my boy for Christmas and come across the Anki overdrive.

Now I can't post links as I'm on my mobile but do yourself a favour and get on YouTube and look it up, if you already knew about it why did no one tell me :D
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ooooo that's cool....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Screw getting it for kids, I want one for myself. :D
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited November 2015
    So cool, it plays like Mario cart :D

@Fuzzdog fair point
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Awesome

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

I'm torn between the anki overdrive and the real fx racing for my boy. The real fx is cheaper and more traditional affair (no weapons etc) and doesn't require smartphone to control it, bit the anki looks more fun and easier.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    my son wants it, the basic kit is £150 has two cars and you'll need a couple of fairly modern phones to use the software.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    edited November 2015
    frankus;852433" said:
    my son wants it, the basic kit is £150 has two cars and you'll need a couple of fairly modern phones to use the software.
    Yeah I've just had a phone upgrade so have my old HTC One that will work, and I have a new HTC One. I think it's the initial cost that bothers me, it's twice the price of the real fx but it does look a lot of fun, the track seems easier to use on the anki too.

Tesco has the real fx for £75.

Anki can be had for £120 on Amazon in Germany.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Oh dear. I'm not going to be able to get this one past the wife, my son is 26.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2015
    chillidoggy;852949" said:
    Oh dear. I'm not going to be able to get this one past the wife, my son is 26.
    It's made by a robotics company so could it be some kind of research project for a job that if it came off would mean lots more shoes/handbags/stuff she likes :D

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Nah, it's not gonna happen. She just buys whatever she wants anyway, so there's no lever in that respect. Thanks for trying, though.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    edited November 2015
    My Father was a model railway engineer and was skilled at turning those Revell kits into great Scalextrix cars. There had upgraded motors in them too and would fly round the track. Sadly the bitch woman he took to live with him just before he died sold the lot along with all my childhood and stored stuff before I could get the keys off her (legally). It took 6 years and a Barrister and £13500 in fees to get access to a stripped bare new build house - not even a light bulb remained...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/manitouguy/revell-small-box-body-kits.jpg

I had several of these made up for me by my old Dad...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Well I ordered the anki overdrive off Amazon today as they had tenner off it. Will let you know how it goes when I "test it" next week :D
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    What's wrong with Drive Club on PS4 ?
    capo4th;854303" said:
    What's wrong with Drive Club on PS4 ?
    In have no idea, I don't have a ps4 :D

• My son took one look at sceletrix and a train set and immediately decided they were boring as they only go round in circles
    Bloody PlayStation generation
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12462
    That looks .........awesome!!! Want. Want.
    boogieman;854942" said:
    That looks .........awesome!!! Want. Want.
    Will let you know on Monday if it's as good as it looks :D I think my boy will very much enjoy it as it has a cross over to technology with it all being app based.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2015
    The Anki one looks a bit too video gamey for my kids (4 and 7)...and we don't have enough smartphones/tablets anyway.....but the Real FX looks ideal......I'll have a word with Santa.
    not_the_dj;854964" said:
    The Anki one looks a bit too video gamey for my kids (4 and 7)...and we don't have enough smartphones/tablets anyway.....but the Real FX looks ideal......I'll have a word with Santa.
    Real FX is £75 in Tesco, even cheaper if you have club card points to double up.

My boy is only 5, I think the fact crashing doesn't happen with the anki will stop the frustration he has with slot cars :D