Benders!

What's Hot
Are you a string bender upper or downer? Have just seen Jeff Lynne on tele playing......and he looks like a bender downer.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• As in push or pull? I generally push plain strings and pull wound ones, I think.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    the top 2 i push... bottom 2 pull and the middle 2 could be either way.....i had to pick my guitar up and play it to see... i never really took much notice .. :)
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Push all except for the A and the low E. 
  • As in push or pull? I generally push plain strings and pull wound ones, I think.

I think that, although if you are adding vibrato at the end it will sound different if you opt to pull rather than push on the G. I've no idea why that should be and it may be in my head but if you are trying to replicate an Otis Rush type thing that's the advice.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6501
    edited November 2015
    Had to pick up a guitar and try it, to see what I do, but it appears I puch the top three and pull the bottom three, so the same wound/ unwound thing as @stickyfiddle, although I do the same on an acoustic, even with the wound 4th

• I bend the G B and high E up and the low E A and D down.

• MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    edited November 2015
    low E, A and D all down.
    High e always up, B always up unless I'm doing a semi tone/micro tone on the first few frets with my hand in the g, c, or e position, but other than that, always up.
    G string is completely down to whatever kind of tonality I'm looking for in the bend. using ring finger with other two fingers behind it is about 75% up 25% down. with index finger it is 90% down 10% up.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • Always up with the high E & B and down with the Low E and generally A  - G and D depends on what I'm playing.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8720
    edited November 2015
    5 and 6 are pulled down. 1 is always pushed up or it falls off the board. 2 and 3 are generally up, and 4 goes either way, depending on how I want it to sound. With my playing pushing up is smoother and more controlled whilst pulling down can be more rapid
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • All directions depending on what I am doing, sometimes I just bend the string behind the nut, sometimes I bend the B string with my shoulder ! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom