Roller nut with bigsby?

I have a Bigsby to stick on to my current Tele build, and it just occurred to me that I have a spare roller nut buried somewhere. Would it be worth putting on to improve tuning stability? If no big difference then I probably won't bother as I'd prefer a more trad look on the whole.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisus said:
    I have a Bigsby to stick on to my current Tele build, and it just occurred to me that I have a spare roller nut buried somewhere. Would it be worth putting on to improve tuning stability? If no big difference then I probably won't bother as I'd prefer a more trad look on the whole.

Very much so, in my own limited experience.  For my LP Epiphone, the roller bridge made the difference between pretty much unusable with my light-ish strings (10-46) to completely giggable and usable. 
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

I played an Ibby Artcore with a Bigsby and roller nut last weekend and it worked perfectly. Really nice action. 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72758
    No big difference compared to a well-cut and lubricated standard nut, especially if you have locking machineheads. The string pull is pretty straight on a Tele so they don't tend to bind in the nut too much.

A roller bridge makes a bigger difference because the string movement is larger there.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisus said:

Very much so, in my own limited experience.  For my LP Epiphone, the roller bridge made the difference between pretty much unusable with my light-ish strings (10-46) to completely giggable and usable. 

:))   Well - I am indeed a nut...

I'm talking about the bridge!

I agree with @ICBM - don't think a roller nut makes a heap of difference.  Certainly not compared with a bridge!

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

Holy shit, I was talking about a roller bridge too!

I really must read things properly next time :D

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread