SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Engl Thunder 50 combo

I'm after one of these portable powerhouse gain monsters! Based in Norfolk, but will travel for a good one!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I can go one better!

Engl screamer in excellent condition for £350.

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I think I'm after the thunder, I don't really need the extra channel! I love the ghetto footswitch though!
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782

No probs. Although I would say that I had to make the same choice a while back, and thought the screamer was better all round. The shared gain was a deal breaker for me as I needed pristine clean and heavy rhythm. Plus you get a presence control, nice sounding reverb and a solo boost for all channels.

Oh and yeah, the footswitch is a bit DIY but amazingly it's fully functional, and even all the multi-coloured lights above the switches work perfectly!

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I was the other way round, I've had them both (in head format), preferred the thunder, for channel switching and versatility I think the screamer is the one, but as I'm a one sound kind of player the thunder seemed to work better. I do wish the thunder came in the slightly larger cab of the screamer though.