Jazzmaster Trem unit fitting!!!!!!!

Righto, i now have 3 Jazzmaster/Jaguar Trem units, for ongoing projects, I'm using 3 guitarbuild bodies that have no holes to pop
the trem onto and all bar one of the units is a loose fit, kinda wobbly a bit in the cavity. How do you fit a trem on one of
these without a degree in technical drawing?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72707
    As long as all the moving parts clear the sides of the cavity, the screws are roughly equally far away from the edges of the hole and it looks like it's in the right place and square to the guitar, it doesn't matter.

One of the great advantages of it from Fender's point of view was exactly that it *didn't* need great accuracy in installation.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    ICBM said:
    As long as all the moving parts clear the sides of the cavity, the screws are roughly equally far away from the edges of the hole and it looks like it's in the right place and square to the guitar, it doesn't matter.

One of the great advantages of it from Fender's point of view was exactly that it *didn't* need great accuracy in installation.
    Lovely mate, makes sense...