Vitoos DC8 Power Supply

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    edited April 2017
    I have the (yellow) Fame one and it is excellent, albeit quite big.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5156
    So the general consensus is that the DC8 does what it says on the tin then?

My One Spot has been killing it for years, but the notorious M5 hums like a bastard on a daisy chain (fine with its own supply, but who does that?) so I'm going to need an isolated supply, ideally without spending a small fortune.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26618
    Yep, couldn't be happier with mine.
    <space for hire>

My One Spot has been killing it for years, but the notorious M5 hums like a bastard on a daisy chain (fine with its own supply, but who does that?) so I'm going to need an isolated supply, ideally without spending a small fortune.
    Be aware that the M5 needs almost 500mA to itself. With my isolated yellow Fame, I had to use a Y-cable the two high-output sockets to get enough current to the M5.
    Ok, so having had a little read, I'm not sure that the advertised "isolated outputs" on the Vitoos DC8 is the same thing as isolated grounds.

Be aware that the M5 needs almost 500mA to itself. With my isolated yellow Fame, I had to use a Y-cable the two high-output sockets to get enough current to the M5.
    The DC8 has two fully-isolated 1000mA multi-voltage outputs - one of those will comfortably power the M5.
    <space for hire>
    Ok, so having had a little read, I'm not sure that the advertised "isolated outputs" on the Vitoos DC8 is the same thing as isolated grounds.
    They work perfectly with the Eventide Time Factor, which has an even worse problem with common grounds than the M5.
    <space for hire>
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5156
    Hmm. I wonder if the ISO 4 is more suitable- claims to have four isolated 9vDC @500mA feeds. Could daisy chain the rest of my pedals (all analogue except the Polytune mini) from the other two. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Its fine. It even runs the notoriously tricky EHX pedals quietly 
    the only problem I have had with one of mine is the wall wart adaptor died :(