muting adjacent strings whilst bending

mgawmgaw Frets: 5280
when using a pick i am struggling to mute adjacent strings whilst bending the intended one.....no problem when playing with fingers as i finger block...any tips much appreciated....thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8721
    There's no single way, more an arsenal of techniques. In general the fingers of your left hand block the upper register strings, and the edge of the right hand palm touches the lower strings. With a bend the tip of one of the bending fingers can also touch the string which you want to dampen. I've also seen someone dampen all six strings with the left index finger whilst bending with 2nd and 3rd - quite useful if you want to bend whilst raking muted strings
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Roland said:
    There's no single way, more an arsenal of techniques. In general the fingers of your left hand block the upper register strings, and the edge of the right hand palm touches the lower strings. With a bend the tip of one of the bending fingers can also touch the string which you want to dampen. I've also seen someone dampen all six strings with the left index finger whilst bending with 2nd and 3rd - quite useful if you want to bend whilst raking muted strings
    absolutely..
    play every note as if it were your first