Setup for solo singer

What's Hot
CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
My father in law is starting to get a good amount of gigs as a singer, just singing along to backing tracks.

The PA stuff he has is quite old and he'd like to put a new rig together.  He's venues are probably going to range from nursing homes to pubs/small clubs and halls.

I was going to suggest small mixing desk, one or two 10" active speakers and a 10" monitor.

What do you reckon?

What sort of lights should he go for?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    You might find the backing tracks are lacking some presence with just a pair of 10s. I'd pair them with some appropriate subs or go for something bigger. A small band setup using the PA solely for vocals could maybe get away with 10s as the backline will do all the work, but he needs something to reproduce full range music playback adequately to fill whatever space he's in - imagine a DJ turning up with just a pair of 10 inch boxes, you'd think he was totally under-equipped!
  • My singer has a BOSE tower thing. It's a 4 channel desk with powered speakers. It's loud enough for a blues band and we use it for DUO gigs. 

We have this one:

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415

I like the Bose system for acoustic gigs and smallish stuff but it won't work in halls and has nothing below 100Hz so won't reproduce backing tracks with any punch. 

Depending on Budget I would recommend an HK Lucas if he wants something powerful but easy to transport and I would recommend IEM's over a monitor as they work better, no chance of feedback and fit into a pocket 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom