tab pro?

John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
Just learning bunch of tunes and a couple are a bit tricky to work out by ear or looking for hints on youtube.    

Any thoughts on using something like tab pro to make life easier?    
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have guitar pro 6. It's ok. Does the job. I use it for giving transcriptions to students, but it is a bit fiddly to use. not sure what the transcribed tab quality is like (they have a library now)

See if you can find pdfs of the tabs. What songs are you looking for? 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    That's a good idea - I'll have a look for a decent tab.  The solo in  Cold Sweat  by Thin Lizzy is the one that will be a pain to try and work out.
  • tab pro is cheap on android, if you go to buy it, then back out they will giev you a "one time offer" that is a lot cheaper. If you bnackout one more time and then go back it is even cheaper (that is as cheap as it gets). iirc it was about a fiver and worth it; I do a school of rock and sometimes I have to try and figure out the parts to a song whils there are five or six bored and hyper year 6s running about in a room full of expensive equiptment. It was a god send for that

For pc you can get Tab Pro for free if you submit a few good tabs on ultimate guitar.

Guitar pro is brilliant (and much much better than tab pro) not just for learning, but for writing songs. Used to always send my band mates a song i wrote on guitar pro so they could all learn the rough part for the practice, meant we could spend less time faffing about and more time playing.

I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • I started using Guitar Pro 5 when I was teaching and still use it for composing.  Besides guitar tab, it's also great for most other instruments, even percussion.   Oddly, the MIDI guitar sound is the only one that doesn't sound great, it works for learning purposes but the bass, keyboard and drum sounds are amazing. 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay