Bellowhead in the toon

SargeSarge Frets: 2430
Off to see these on Thursday as a favour to the missus, not really my cuppa tbh. But brownie points should be gained by pretending to enjoy myself and not be the grumpy git I am.
Anyone seen these folksters before?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72916
    No, but that reminds me to get tickets for April when they're in Glasgow - this is their last ever tour…

I bet they'll be great and you'll really enjoy it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• They're brilliant live. I've seen them at a couple of festivals and once at their own headlining gig. A brilliant racket, and very funny.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2430
    I've no doubt they know how to entertain on stage, I've seen enough videos of them live and yep they seem good humoured and they are fans of whiskey so can't be all bad :)
    I'm going straight from a ridiculously busy day at work, so looking to get tanked beforehand ;)
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5201
    edited November 2015

Saw them last year in Leicester. They are brilliant. Because there's so many of them on stage there's always something interesting happening, and they've got a very easy, informal sort of banter going on where they're all messing about with each other. Loads of energy and pretty much every tune is upbeat stuff with crude lyrics about sailors and the women who love them.

Benji Kirkpatrick who plays electric bouzouki in Bellowhead is worth a listen- just come off a tour playing Hendrix songs on bouzouki and mandolin: http://benjikirkpatrick.com/index.htm

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• SargeSarge Frets: 2430
    Well I hope they play better venues than Newcastle City Hall on this tour, all seater (thought they would have taken some seats out for people to jig about)
    No drinks in the theatre, awful pa.
    The band performed well, though the first half for me was a snore fest, but then they kicked into life totally entertaining a geriatric crowd :)
    Couldn't hear the guitar at all, the main vox was very bassy and fluffy so could barely make out the lyrics.
    God I sound like a moaning old git, they were great but the engineers need to go back to tech college!
  • Newcastle City Hall.........Lindisfarne.......Christmas concerts.....good times....great memories.