Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's the best jcm800 in a box pedal ?!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I quite like the Xotic SL Drive for this. I know it's meant to be a Plexi but it's got a bit much gain for that.

At my gigs recently I needed chorus and delay on a few things, so I was using the low input of my JCM800 and the SL Drive for dirt. Sounded killer, although it was a bit cab dependent—with a V30 4x12 there was a lot of upper mid. 
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Marshall are great at having all their products sounding generally Marshall-like. If I were you, I'd check Ebay for used Marshall pedals. The DRP, though not having a foot-switch, is basically an effect pedal and shouldn't be over-looked either.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

I'm a fan of the Jackhammer and the Guv'nor Plus too - when the Jackhammer's in 'Overdrive' mode there's quite an amount of tonal 'overlap' between them (to my ears at least). The Guv'nor's resonance knob is certainly handy, and the Jackhammer goes up to pretty ludicrous gain levels; I'd recommend getting one of each secondhand and seeing which suits you best as you'd make next-to-no loss selling one on.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited December 2015
    IanSavage;877341" said:
    I'm a fan of the Jackhammer and the Guv'nor uhPlus too - when the Jackhammer's in 'Overdrive' mode there's quite an amount of tonal 'overlap' between them (to my ears at least). The Guv'nor's resonance knob is certainly handy, and the Jackhammer goes up to pretty ludicrous gain levels; I'd recommend getting one of each secondhand and seeing which suits you best as you'd make next-to-no loss selling one on.
    I have both. Got the jackhammer because I thought I was missing out and initially really liked it esp on the overdrive setting....until I put my Guvnr 2 back on the pedal board and compared them side by side. No question, the Guvnr 2 is by far the better sounding pedal and much more Marshally like a jcm800. The JH1 is now back resting comfortably in its box.

My only criticism of the Guvnr 2 is that I'd like a bit more top end. There is a simple mod where cutting a wire is supposed to solve that but I don't want to ruin it. Anyone tried this mod and can comment on pros and cons?

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Weehbo JCM or JMP. Check the videos out.