The Expanse SyFy TV show (Leviathan Wakes)

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6123
edited December 2015 in Off Topic
Just watched the first episode and was pretty impressed. Some spot on casting apart from the Holden character who appears younger than in the book. They look like they're sticking close to the book so it should be quite a ride. The production value is very impressive and is right up there with modern Battlestar Galactica and Firefly. 
For anyone who's read Leviathan Wakes; this is essential viewing.
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fobfob Frets: 1430
    Wow, thanks for the heads up - I've read the first three books in the series and thought they were great fun. I really need to get on with 4 & 5 but have so much in the queue ahead of them. I didn't even realise they were making them into a TV show - I think this might be essential viewing for me.

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6123
    The 4th book 'Cibolo Burn' was weakest for me. I struggled with it, but 'Nemesis Games' was back on form and really fills the back stories of the main characters. 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Been watching this on Netflix. I really enjoy the books, so was quite excited when the was announced a few years ago. Just finished Episode 4 so far, and although I find the Holden and Naomi casting quite strange, I like it, and hope we get a series two, three, etc.

Enjoyed hearing Tighten Up in episode one, especially after I had just literally finished playing it on the guitar!
    edited December 2016
    Finished the series. I liked it, but although I read the book years ago, I was pretty sure that...

Miller didn't get off Eros.

Really looking forward to the next series!
  • Still reading the book but its just not grabbing me, seems very generic sci-fi. The noir element feels a bit forced too unlike say Alasdair Reynold's "The Prefect" which I think does it a lot better.

I'll still watch the series once I've finished the book but the world desperately needs a Revelation Space or Culture sci-fi series or movie. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    quarky said:
    Finished the series. I liked it, but although I read the book years ago, I was pretty sure that...

<-->

Really looking forward to the next series!
    yeah, they both did - Miller goes back to help re the plan involving the Navou (or whatever that big ship being built is called)
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    yeah, they both did - Miller goes back to help re the plan involving the Navou (or whatever that big ship being built is called)
    Thanks. Think I will have to re-read it!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm on episode 3, it's quite slow paced. But Jared Harris just turned up, he's always watchable. There's enough intrigue to keep me watching though.
    My V key is broken