Win 10

Loaded Win 10 yesterday - seems OK so far.
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Good to know, got a Surface Pro 4 incoming next week after 5 years of OS X. Found any good software toys yet?
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1634

I have W10 "experimentally" on one of my PCs. I shall not put it on any of my other W7 machines.

I have not had time to get deeply into it but my 2496 cards would not run ASIO drivers at first. They seem to now in Reaper but I don't think my Cubase El 6 is ever going to work again!

Good news was that downloading an installing the NI KA6 drivers went like paint but I would expect nothing less from NI!

NOTHING! Is where the feck it was/should be and I am only glad I did not pay for it. To be fair there are many folks at www.soundonsound.com forum that like it and say it handles audio better than any Windows thus far. Others are also very critical of the deeply intrusive nature of the software.

Pop over to SoS and read the two threads about Ten.

Dave.

• I have been using Win10 for around 6 months now - never had any issues with it in any way, including recording. Really liking it so far :)
  • FezFez Frets: 525
    @mike257 Not really looked for any software toys.

@ecc83 I don't know why these sw developers think they improving things when they move stuff about. Will have a look at that Sound on sound forum.

Don't touch that dial.