As per title. 
Tips? 
Link?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Also intersected in this especially required budget
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I have my own camera, obviously have the songs....
    Just need to choose the "best" song, figure out a theme and get shooting. 
    Or use a web program like the one linked for ease of use
  • I think I'll end up just shooting my own and edit it in Lightworks to go along with one of my songs. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited December 2015
    Did about 7 years ago as a collaboration with a professional film production company who were just starting out at the time. They directed and shot it all in 2 days. Looking at it now, parts of it are a bit David Brent 'If you Don't Know me by Now', but the film quality was excellent.

What the heck, here's the link

It was hard work filming it, with lots of takes.
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    I made this 

using an iPhone 5 + final cut x

basically we mimed to a studio track (mixed by someone that really didn't know what they were doing, but thats another story) from a number of different angles its really easy.. but if you need any pointers let me know

for the record this is the first 'guerilla' video I made, prior to this I was in a professional one, main thing is lighting then its just editing it together  
  • Guys, will check these out when I can :)
  • Guys those are great. 

mellowsun it's definitely pretty pro!!! Wow... I was thinking mine might be night-shots of a city sort of thing (going by the feeling of the track I have) but yet to find a theme. Your theme was clear. 

And that was great, mrleon! I did think the fades last a bit long with two images clashing at times but maybe that was the effect you were going for? How long did it take you to do? 
  • It's bugging me that I can't remember his user name but the chap from Cowboys Rhos Botwnog (might be the right spelling) had some lovely videos, just of the band miming variety but on Welsh hillsides and the like and I think on a budget it's location, location, location which might be a hillside but might be the right looking alleyway. One of the Vintage Trouble videos was shot on iPhones, although professional editing and some super models in the film probably helped but the point, I think, is that it needn't take a huge budget.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • For my old band I found a suitably themed copyright -free film and edited it into something fitting:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    3 smartphones, a dslr and final cut. Was gonna edit it myself but a student who works for our singer offered to do that for us. We paid him a bottle of rum, should have maybe got him to film them in hindsight.

• LuminousLuminous Frets: 210

I make my own videos, I use a zoom Q3 HD ( great sound )  and an iphone 5s and iphone 3s ( old phone , kept for this and programming the istomp pedal .I only have one tripod and use mic stands and gaffa tape , you can get a selfie stick for musch cheapness and it will give you a tripod mount for a phone.
    The key is planning and lighting, for my live album stuff I was planning to record it all at a gig and couldnt get enough time to get the footage of a standard I wanted so I set up my live rig in my living room ( space and light ) and did it as a gig straight to 2 track. The camera's were placed after various test shots.
    I use Sony movie maker ( a cut down vegas ) to do the edits, its a bit slow and clunky but costs less than £20 so I can't really complain.
    DVD video soft free studio is an absolute neccesity for cutting down file sizes and its free, Also make you spend the time getting the synchronisation correct it will save you a lot of grief later.
  • It's bugging me that I can't remember his user name but the chap from Cowboys Rhos Botwnog (might be the right spelling) had some lovely videos, just of the band miming variety but on Welsh hillsides and the like and I think on a budget it's location, location, location which might be a hillside but might be the right looking alleyway. One of the Vintage Trouble videos was shot on iPhones, although professional editing and some super models in the film probably helped but the point, I think, is that it needn't take a huge budget.
    It would have been Ramirez? Here's some Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog:

I think those were a professional production for a TV programme though.

I made a very lo-fi one for one of my tracks, but I think it suits the music:

• vizviz Frets: 10706
    edited December 2015
    Is @timmysoft still here? He had that amazing one of a bloke who wanted to punch another bloke.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • vizviz Frets: 10706
    This:
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Haha :D 
    Right, need to get some ideas. My song is 5mins long so .... going to be a long video...
  • Deijavoo said:

Dude I know a little friction in a band can help with creativity but if you guys cant even get in a room together to shoot a video I dont know how you can hold it together :D
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • This is a rough one I shot with my digital camera and edited with Magix video editor just to get the song some exposure.  There's also some public domain video mixed in at a few points.  There's lots of PD footage online.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• That's pretty freaky - certainly has an atmosphere!! :)