Music-making software for 10yo? (PC)

Hi,

my lad has been bought a USB midi keyboard (I think an M-Audio 32 key one) for Christmas by his Gran. He has a PC and in the past has liked fiddling around with Garageband on his Mum's iPad. Obviously Garageband won't be an option on his PC, but does anyone know of any software that is aimed at simple song making/arranging that's a bit more than a hard-to-fathom-for-a-child DAW?

Do such things exist?

thanks
Tim
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1739

Yes Tim!

I have an Evolution Ekey49 kbd that came with some software part of which is called Picture Book and is an excellent sampler containing piano, synth and drums.

Drop me your address via PM and I will send you a burn. Reaper is also very good but might be a bit complex for him. I suggest he avoids the Magix "home recording" software, I never liked them but Magix Samplitude pro X Silver is great and free.

Dave.

• mike257mike257 Frets: 376
    A mate of mine has an eight year old son who is music mad and (aside from bashing round on all of his Dad's instruments and sound gear) is having a lot of fun with Ableton.  He's also using the Novation Launchpad app on iPad. Been knocking out some impressively well put together tracks for a kid of his age!