Oil City Christmas sale

What's Hot

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10487
    edited December 2015 tFB Trader
    The answer is simple ... PM me what you want ... I send you A paypal Invoice .... and Jobs a good un!
    Keeps it simple, friendly, and in the forum :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Great. Sale goes up a few days after I placed my order. Just my bloody luck.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2015 tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Great. Sale goes up a few days after I placed my order. Just my bloody luck.
    Never mind geezer, I'll make sure you get a good value deal in future :-) 
    I try to look after me customers. 
    I have been so damned busy I didn't get round to announcing the sale till a bit late this year ... I have been without my regular assistant for a month or so and it has meant I've been rushed off my trotters.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited December 2015
    Aaaargh.... just saw this. 
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy PRS 85/15 uncovered pups (not cheap but you can't buy them new... the split cleans are great - best of the 57/08 and 59/09 pups, known quantity as I know what they sound like and will fit perfectly) but this is also very tempting (Alnico IV Nightfighters sound cool). Argh lol...

• armitaanarmitaan Frets: 379
    Ordered a set of scrapyard dogs for my recently acquired '79 tokai Les Paul reborn, cheers mate
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    Can't wait for these to arrive. Ordered a Forces Sweetheart set and a Scrapyard Dog Plus set in the sale, then I've spent so long annoying Ash that I'm going to end up ordering some extra things outside the sale haha.

Once I've got them all fitted I will try and post some demos. I've got the equipment to do some proper ones if it's just audio, though I think people prefer videos so I'll have to try and figure out how to record that on my phone and sync it to the direct audio.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Booooo...missed it.
    tFB Trader
    There will be more offers early in the new year :-)

Saucy. Also I'm still up for that trade you proposed a year or so ago if you're still game - no worries if not like. I've got a new guitar incoming that I reckon needs a bit o' oil in it!!
    tFB Trader
    What type of guitar and what sort of sound are you after?

It's a Rally Les Paul. Saw it on eBay, couldn't resist!

I like high-gain progressive rock and metal tones. So chimey cleans are necessary, as are tight riffs. Not looking for anything too fuzzy... I dislike it with some pickups that are too high output, and when you do a palm mute it just goes all farty.

If I had to put it in a video....

tFB Trader
    lets go PM ... I have a few ideas we could chew over

Yeah cool, fire me some thoughts over, just gonna pop to bed and get my regular 3 hours sleep coz I'm a bloody insomniac it seems!

*grumble*
    tFB Trader
    Fire some tomorrow :-)

\m/
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    What type of guitar and what sort of sound are you after?
    who me? um... well to be honest I'm really chuffed with the Oil City Honkeytonk Angel tele bridge pickup I just installed.

Swapped out a Lollar for it :D glad I did :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    @TheGuitarWeasel My Xmas specials turned up today - thanks Ash :)
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    Ooo I wonder when mine will be done.
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Mine arrived today, many thanks.
  • armitaanarmitaan Frets: 379
    I'm complete Luddite so took new Scrapyards for my '79 tokai les Paul reborn to Phil at Bristol Guitar Tech, he rang me up this morning raving about the sound, think he's going to be in touch for some pickups himself
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom