Jammimng Courtesy rant!

What's Hot
Last night at the acoustic open mic I run some bloke said Oh do you want to do a couple of songs together, fair enough I thought, so he had a strat plugged straight into the PA I had my acoustic. What to play ?? Ok Spider and the fly so twelve bar in A lots of room for both of us to play a couple of solos and show off our licks, I played it gave him 4 solo's and how many did he give me? None ! This in my experience is not an uncommon thing at these sort of events and it really winds me up.
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It's my experience that the MAJORITY of musos you find at such things are there because no-one will actually stomach being in a band with the selfish, self centred gits.

Just my two cents, but I gave up attending such things a long time ago, even as a punter, as I couldn't cope with the 'local heros'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10753
    Come to the cambridge ones, they're really generous, I think anyway. Chaps like @bigjon work hard to make sure everyone has a go.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited November 2013

As @viz says at the Cambridge jams, everyone share the leads.

Personally I prefer to plat shorter leads and let the like of @viz or @bigjon take the longer solo's

2 examples

1- All Along the watchtower (With Viz) I took the 2 shorter solo's and let Viz rip a main solo

2 Comfortably Numb (with bigjon) he took the first solo, and we split the second.

Both worked well 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    I'd like to be associated with the comments of the previous two speakers.

I think some people take so long to get onto any 'stage' that when they are there they lose all track of time and social conscience.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    lol :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Yes, and you need someone clear headed like BJ to keep things on the rails.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I really need to learn how to spell.... WTF does "Plat shorter solo's" mean?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)