Fender Supersonic 60w- Any experts there?

Hi there!
Does anyone here uses a supersonic 60w, or ever owned/tried?  What are you thoughts?  How is the clean channel headroom?
Looks to me like a very nice versatile amp...but let me hear your opinion!
Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited November 2013
    I had one for a while (head and 2x12 cab) clean channel was great particularly the bassman side cranked up. Enough clean headroom for pretty much everything on the Vibrolux side. 

Drive channel was ok, I couldn't get it dialed in to my taste which is mainly a Marshall crunch sound. But other people I know love it.

@Cahrlie has a couple I think and might even be selling one.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited November 2013
    I have had my Blonde combo for 3 (or is it 4?) years now. Is a monster of an amp. Heavy and LOUD

I have the Vibrolux/Bassman version.

Vibrolux is beautiful clean crystaline cascades of silver stars! Great for Funkiness and articulate noodlings. Not really Deluxe Reverb-esque...

Bassman (63 Bassman - NOT - Tweed! era) is darker and thunderous when ousted. Use this chan set with an OD for ultimate Blues Nirvana.

The BURN is not Fender's answer to a Mesa or Marshall, it does get plenty filthy, but if you dial it back gives great mid rock/blues tones all by itself.

A good Strat and a clean boost on a lightly dialled BURN chn and you can sound like Kenny Wayne Shepherd live!

You can jump the FX send return and dial up the FX level knob and use this as a footswitchable boost from the footswitch - thereby giving 3 footswitchable channel in effect, although you may want to change the EQs around of the Vibrolux and Bassman chns as they are voiced so distinctly different.

Excellent long spring tube reverb...

Looks great in Blonde tolex- classic early 60s era knobs too...

I have yet to have the courage to run it in stereo with my Super Reverb at volume(!) but makes me moist thinking about it...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I had one which i gigged for about a year. Decent amp but sold it immediately when i got my h&k statesman head. Which to my ears is a much better amp.