Anyone played the new MiM Charvel Pro-Mods?

What's Hot

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    Sod it, I've preordered a MiJ So-Cal in candy blue from Richtone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    :))

Anyone know if anyone else is getting them? Richtone's site hinted that other Charvel dealers might be getting some, but I might be reading too much into it...

I still don't see why they discontinued the ferrari red, that one was badass. Considering how popular the white now is suggests it wasn't the best move, either.
    Dave_Mc said:

Anyone know if anyone else is getting them? Richtone's site hinted that other Charvel dealers might be getting some, but I might be reading too much into it...

On Richtone's FB page they said they were the only UK dealer getting them. They sent me an email with an update on where they are this morning, and apparently a "container is due to arrive in Europe any day now". Read into that what you will!
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I still want one of these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/Lixarto/model7i.jpg

Let me know when they make them again.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    Bidley said:
    Dave_Mc said:

On Richtone's FB page they said they were the only UK dealer getting them. They sent me an email with an update on where they are this morning, and apparently a "container is due to arrive in Europe any day now". Read into that what you will!
    Excellent, thanks. :) I'm not on facebook so I never think to check it :))
    Dave_Mc said:
    Bidley said:
    Dave_Mc said:

Excellent, thanks. :) I'm not on facebook so I never think to check it :))

To be fair, you'd have thought they'd have written something to a similar effect on their website too!
    Yeah :)) I frequently notice that, people write one thing on their website and another on facebook and then wonder why people get confused.

But yeah I found the facebook post and this appears to be it. Just a shame they didn't have white or the older ferrari red. Not that I need any more guitars (!) but the fact that this is the last of the MIJs... gah, I dunno what to do. :))
    Dave_Mc said:
    But yeah I found the facebook post and this appears to be it. Just a shame they didn't have white or the older ferrari red. Not that I need any more guitars (!) but the fact that this is the last of the MIJs... gah, I dunno what to do. :))

Yeah, I think the white ones got snapped up fairly sharpish. You should definitely join the club and buy one as well though :D
    I was actually pretty close to buying one back when they were still readily available, but then I came across a pretty good deal on a NOS Star :)) So that kinda made getting one of the pro mods seem much less urgent. Then the Japanese factory shut etc. and you know the rest :))

I'm not sure... I'm about 50:50. I know it's gonna be as good a guitar as you'll get for that type of money (bar lucking into a killer deal), but at the same time it's not like I need one (!). And I was always a bit iffy about the tint in the necks of the MIJs. But I also know this is kinda the last chance, and I really like superstrats. Grrr, I dunno. :))
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited December 2013
    I'm gassing for Charvel san dimas for ages... I even started a thread here a while ago about new 2013 MIMs, but they're too new yet to have any feedback. Of course a killer MIJ (new!) ones are popping out at Richtone when I'm with no funds whatsoever. Ehh...

Guys - get those if you only can, great, great guitars...

edit: mm... well... just ordered a Black Japanese San Dimas... :)
    Richtone have posted on their FB that the Charvels have landed! Hopefully mine will be with me by the end of the week... The anticipation is killing me!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    You won't be sorry you got one. They is awesomes.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Yeah I checked their site earlier today and saw they were in. Grrr, dunno what to do. I can see my usual thing happening- chicken out and then regret it once they've sold out! :))
    Dave_Mc said:
    Yeah I checked their site earlier today and saw they were in. Grrr, dunno what to do. I can see my usual thing happening- chicken out and then regret it once they've sold out! :))
    Do it, they is faackin awesomes

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Dave_Mc;97095" said:
    To miss out the first time is careless. To miss out on a second opportunity is just irresponsible. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2565
    Can't comment on the MiM Charvels but my first decent guitar was a US Charvel Strat in the late 80's. The maple neck was flat with big frets and the pickups sounded as smooth as butter. I was swayed by the fact that Vai played one. A guitar I definitely regretted selling, along with a Fernandes Les Paul Randy Rhoads Special (as rare as rocking horse shit). I'm a fool to myself sometimes.

I would love to hear how the current Charvels play/sound etc.
    cruxiform said:

I would love to hear how the current Charvels play/sound etc.
    Mine's fahooking awesomes. Really playable, nice hot (but not too hot) pup's. smooth trem. Gets taken out to jam nights regularly.

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2565
    Ace :)
    mike_l said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    I know that but that's not the problem. I'm gonna have to buy a new house soon to store all my guitars and amps :))
    dindude said:
    Dave_Mc;97095" said:
    To miss out the first time is careless. To miss out on a second opportunity is just irresponsible. ;)
    As I said above :))

I think I'll keep an eye on them. They still have a bunch in stock, so I don't think there's any massive rush just yet (though that's what I said the last time :)) ).
    Dave_Mc said:
    mike_l said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    I know that but that's not the problem. I'm gonna have to buy a new house soon to store all my guitars and amps :))

I don't see a problem..........
    ;))

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom