Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Staying spoiler-free after Star Wars opening night?

What's Hot

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4558
    agreed, im not even going to read this thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305

hootsmon said:
    "Darth Vader's no yer Da.........he's yer sister"
    "Yoda's yer Da"?
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited December 2015
    TimmyO said:
    mike_l said:
    TimmyO said:
    I find your lack of excitement disturbing
    Seen the original trilogy, really couldn't give a flying monkey fuck in a high wind about the others.
    I heard some music once. It was great. Don't need to listen to any more. 

Not quite the same........

The original trilogy was ok (won't get more excited than that about them). Should've either made the prequels sooner, or left it. Not waited 20(ish) years then resurrected an old franchise.

Edit.

Should we now know you as DarthTimmyo?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:

Should've either made the prequels sooner

Lucas had to wait for FX technology to catch up with his visions.... :O) ;)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    I'll be avoiding all threads about star wars until I've seen it. Don't really read Facebook that much, mostly Instagram these days.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7484
    I thought instagram was all pictures of cupcakes and your new nail art - has it changed? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I have no interest what so ever, I would have done if lucas had not bastardised the originals with substandard cgi and created the prequels.
    I'll be waiting till its on TV.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

Funny how all the people claiming to have no interest are taking time out of their day to tell us that they have no interest... ;)

Personally I'll be on Facebook sabbatical until Thursday, heard all the theories I need to and don't need any of them confirmed before I've seen it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • From a few threads like this it seems to be really common for people to be completely put off Star Wars because of the prequels, which i don't get. I mean I don't like the prequels, but they don't effect my enjoyment of the original trilogy, and the new one just might be the continuation of the story that it deserves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

• From a few threads like this it seems to be really common for people to be completely put off Star Wars because of the prequels, which i don't get. I mean I don't like the prequels, but they don't effect my enjoyment of the original trilogy, and the new one just might be the continuation of the story that it deserves.
    Exactly this. It's like saying Abbey Road is less good because of the Frog Chorus. Utterly bizarre.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474

From a few threads like this it seems to be really common for people to be completely put off Star Wars because of the prequels, which i don't get. I mean I don't like the prequels, but they don't effect my enjoyment of the original trilogy, and the new one just might be the continuation of the story that it deserves.
    Exactly this. It's like saying Abbey Road is less good because of the Frog Chorus. Utterly bizarre.
    Have a Wiz, both of you. 

We've got tickets to 5 past midnight on Thursday - seems the only sure-fire way of avoiding all spoilers? 

I'm not the world's biggest star wars fan by any means, but I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED.
  • joneve said:

We've got tickets to 5 past midnight on Thursday - seems the only sure-fire way of avoiding all spoilers? 

The US premier is today, so there'll be reports from that to avoid.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1779
    Getting excited about a new film and buying in to the hype is just a choice. I'm not really bothered about being up to date with films, and I don't think star wars are the greatest films ever, but I still choose to get excited about a new one coming out (same with James Bond) - just because its fun to get involved in the build up.
    It's the same with GAS, people get all excited about some new bit of gear coming out, whether or not it's something they need or will ever buy, just because it makes life more fun!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • I have a ticket for next tuesday! I too will be living in a cave for a week!
    joneve said:

The US premier is today, so there'll be reports from that to avoid.
    You just HAD to piss all over my chips, didn't you? 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7484
    Fuck - hadn't realised that.

Baton-down the digital hatches!
    Red ones are better. 
  • Thanks for the US-based spoiler-headsup! Will be hiding from all the usual channels from this evening.
  • Early reviews are good (though the same thing happened with TPM).  Haven't read detailed reviews, only summaries and scores. 

Only 30 hours to wait for me :)
  • Early reviews are good (though the same thing happened with TPM).  Haven't read detailed reviews, only summaries and scores. 

I'm avoiding all reviews.....33 hours for me!

Oooooo, it's so exciting!
    Early reviews are good (though the same thing happened with TPM).  Haven't read detailed reviews, only summaries and scores. 

Hopefully they're a bit more cynical after TPM and it IS actually good! 

13 hours exactly!