XLN telecom bunch of shysters

midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
edited December 2015 in Off Topic
been using them satisfactorily for many years but due to a housemove and them not offering decent broadband(on their own admission) i have moved to virgin media. I had only 20 days left on the xln contract and offered to pay up to the end but they texted me and emailed saying as i was discontinuing the line earlier than the contract end i would have to pay them £299.  
I argued with 3 different people and emailed the account manager (didnt reply) (never had a written contract)
finally i spoke to OFCOM who said if i couldnt resolve it, refer it to them.
Apparently if it gets referred to OFCOM, it costs the consumer nothing but the telecom provider has to pay OFCOM £400+  win or lose.
Armed with that info i emailed XLN again mentioning that i know this little known secret, plus i was going to tweet everyday about how rubbish and dishonest XLN are..  Within an hour i had a telephone call from them apologising and saying it had been an "administrative error" and they would cancel the charge.
bunch of chancers. Moral, if you have a telecoms dispute threaten to use OFCOM, as the company have to pay £400 win or lose.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom