This guy seems to have made an acquaintance of many here......

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6191
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

In my last job there was a lady (?) who wanted mats for her Boxer Camper van.

These were sorted, correct to the vehicle.

She claimed they didn't fit.

Try an earlier set. Didn't fit (according to her).

Try some Citroen ones. Same result.

Any way, long story shortened, after 6 (IIRC) different sets she got the "have your money back, don't come back" tablet.

Funnily, on that day she was passing on her way to take stuff back to M&S (she told us)......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3912
    Haha, brilliant :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16733
    I know I cheekily got £40 back from amazon recently for asking about the inclusion of a manual, but I am nothing compared to my mother in law.

She returns almost everything she buys. Not within a week, usually a month or two later after a proper use

Last week she returned a £200 coat she had for 3 weeks because she was not sure she would get much use out of it. She had worn it a few times already.

Last year she went through 5 kettles because of various tiny things she didn't like. Either they were a bit noisy, boiled too slow or had a spout that occasionally dribbled if she poured too fast.

The most annoying thing about it is they never bat an eyelid. I tried it in Debenhams once, a store I know she always returns stuff to. I tried to return a used once new coffee maker because I didn't like it. I get totally stonewalled!!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ Fuck being that son in law.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7482
    WezV;899305" said:
    I know I cheekily got £40 back from amazon recently for asking about the inclusion of a manual, but I am nothing compared to my mother in law.

She returns almost everything she buys. Not within a week, usually a month or two later after a proper use

Last week she returned a £200 coat she had for 3 weeks because she was not sure she would get much use out of it. She had worn it a few times already.

Last year she went through 5 kettles because of various tiny things she didn't like. Either they were a bit noisy, boiled too slow or had a spout that occasionally dribbled if she poured too fast.

The most annoying thing about it is they never bat an eyelid. I tried it in Debenhams once, a store I know she always returns stuff to. I tried to return a used once new coffee maker because I didn't like it. I get totally stonewalled!!!
    Return her daughter, see how she likes that?
    Red ones are better. 
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Might as well be an article about @Gassage!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Depressingly, like @WezV 's mother in law, my wife pulls some of these stunt with clothes. She doesn't return them herself mind, I'm the mug that ends up getting that job usually.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    eSully;899344" said:
    Depressingly, like @WezV 's mother in law, my wife pulls some of these stunt with clothes. She doesn't return them herself mind, I'm the mug that ends up getting that job usually.
    eSully you need to add the words Fuck Off to your vocabulary.

Can't believe she asks you to do that - and more to the point can't believe you do it!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    edited December 2015
    Iamnobody said:
    eSully;899344" said:
    eSully you need to add the words Fuck Off to your vocabulary.

Can't believe she asks you to do that - and more to the point can't believe you do it!
    There have been choice words about it once or twice so she does it less now. I don't think it's that uncommon. Seems like a lot of women shop for clothes that way.

I might add for balance, she's a great wife, but the returning clothes thing is annoying.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    edited December 2015
    Donkeys years ago I used to work in an ironmongers shop. When Teflon frying pans first came out we had a woman phoning up to complain that everything was sticking to her new supposedly non stick wonder pan. She brought it back so we could have a look. It was shiny and silver, all over.

When the manager asked where the black Teflon coating had gone, she said she'd scoured that nasty black stuff off because she didn't like it. She wouldn't have it that she was in the wrong, so it was sent back to the manufacturers. Who sent her a new one! I can still remember the smug "told you so" look on her nasty little face

Fuck you Tower Saucepans. Fuck you up the arse with one of your frying pans.
    7reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6191
    tFB Trader
    boogieman said:
    Donkeys years ago I used to work in an ironmongers shop. When Teflon frying pans first came out we had a woman phoning up to complain that everything was sticking to her new supposedly non stick wonder pan. She brought it back so we could have a look. It was shiny and silver, all over.

When the manager asked where the black Teflon coating had gone, she said she'd scoured that nasty black stuff off because she didn't like it. She wouldn't have it that she was in the wrong, so it was sent back to the manufacturers. Who sent her a new one! I can still remember the smug "told you so" look on her nasty little face

Fuck you Tower Saucepans. Fuck you up the arse with one of your frying pans.
    There is no accounting for stupid people......oxygen thief
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • When I was at high school the nearby factory made saucepans. A few years later I worked near it as well, across the road selling bearings. Anyway, there was a lad in our class called Malcolm and his father worked at the factory but Malcolm didn't know what his job was. We decided Malcolm 's dad was the man who put the holes in the end of saucepan handles. Comedy gold that for thirteen year old boys. Happy days. Although maybe not for Malcolm in retrospect... :o3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    I deliberately avoid places with liberal returns policies. I don't like the idea that my supposed "new" item may have been used by several people before me.
  • sinbaadi said:
    I deliberately avoid places with liberal returns policies. I don't like the idea that my supposed "new" item may have been used by several people before me.
    Chemists and Durex eh !

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom