Satellite TV experts...

What's Hot
I'm thinking of buying a dish to receive UK tv in France, but I have two appartment blocks in front of the house and I'm not sure that I'll be able to receive a signal. Is there a way of testing signal strength without having a dish?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited December 2015
    Honestly if you have a decent internet connection get an Android stick (chrome cast, fire stick etc) and install kodi, it will be easier, cheaper but not quite as legal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    It's a weaker signal down here, we have been advised to have at least a 1 metre dish, but we just about get away with an 80cm one.

There are quite a few firms advertising installing Sky equipment here, I can look out a few numbers if you would like.
  • Richardj said:
    It's a weaker signal down here, we have been advised to have at least a 1 metre dish, but we just about get away with an 80cm one.

There are quite a few firms advertising installing Sky equipment here, I can look out a few numbers if you would like.
    Cheers for the offer Richard :-) I've seen a few listed too, but none seem to be in Bordeaux. I'll keep checking as I'd be gutted to buy all the gear and then find out that the flats block the signal.
  • Are there any sky dishes on the apartments?
  • There may be on the front, but then they have a clear view south east, which I don't have because they are blocking most of it for me
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1025
    edited December 2015

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    An alternative suggestion, maybe set up a media center computer and use a proxy to watch ITV, BBC etc. Using the chromecast isn't a bad call either. We use a Chromecast for youtube/netflix/pictures at home and it's a great piece of kit.
  • I tried the proxy thing and it was unuseable with constant buffering.