Who's tried an Atomic Amplifire?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited March 2017
    koss59 said:
    I fancy buying one of these myself. Can the footswitches change amps or just turn a boost and delay on and off?
    Its not clear if they can be assigned to do different jobs.

Yes, they can.

I have an AA12 and the default is bottom row contains presets 1-5, with an offset of 5 when you step on the button again. Top row is comp, drive, modulation and delay on /off, plus tap tempo/hold for tuner. Then the last two buttons are +/- 10 on the presets (ie bank up/down).

A preset can contain any amp, effect and cab combo. You can then switch between them as you please.

And the best bits...No lag (unlike some other units) and you can have spillover so when you switch from a dirty tone with delay to a clean one you still get the delay trail.

It is very good.

AA3 is more limited but only because there are only 3 footswitches. I think these can be assigned pretty much however you want. A lot of people ended up using them with a midi controller on a board to give more functionality. The AA12 fixes that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited January 2020
    ..then if I have my wah separately and an expression pedal controlling the amp model gain (not sure if that's possible though - the manual doesn't say which parameters are assignable to the expression pedal).

On the AA3 the expression pedal uses the fx loop jacks. Meaning you can't have both at the same time unless you put the wah pedal before the input.

AA12 has separate inputs for 2 expression pedals (eg. Volume/wah). Haven't played around with it yet though so can't tell you what else is assignable.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    To run a couple of expression pedals you have to get some custom cables made and it is a footer!
    I got Rob at Kable to make them to spec
    wasnt cheap though and pretty clunky