Thomann delivery times?

What's Hot

Just wondering how long it usually takes for stuff to arrive in the UK from Thomann.

Their website claims 3 - 4 working days.

However, having placed an order, I then received an email saying it normally takes 1 to 2 working days for them to dispatch the goods (if they're in stock)... and then an average of 4 to 8 working days to deliver in Europe.  So, by their post-order estimation, we're looking at 5 to 10 working days... and I really can't see how this complies with their pre-order claim of 3 to 4 working days. 

Seems to be deliberately misleading.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• How do they phrase it. Delivery time? Despatch time? They mean different things.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Longest I've waited for an order from them is 4 days, sometimes it's took 3 days.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6104
    I ordered a Bass Hard Case on the 10th Dec and it arrived on the 14th. I was surprised (and pleased) that it arrived so quickly. It came packed in an enormous box that was sufficient for two cases.
  • How do they phrase it. Delivery time? Despatch time? They mean different things.

Their website just says 'delivery time' 3-4 days. There is no mention of having to add a dispatch time onto that period (the dispatch delay is only revealed when they send the email confirmation).

If it arrives in 3-4 working days, I'm happy... but if it turns into 10 working days, it'll be delayed beyond Xmas. Not good.

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6161
    edited December 2015
    I normally give then a week.. but over Christmas times it can take a bit longer.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited December 2015
    Order Sunday, receive Thursday or Friday, like clockwork. Allow extra for Christmas.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • All sounds promising. 

Ordered yesterday... so I guess we're looking at Monday or Tuesday next week.

Thanks for all the info.

• SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Last one took 4 days, same the one before. Pretty good going really, can't fault them.
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    I've just had a delivery from them. Dispatched Thursday, arrived Monday.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2362
    Chalky said:
    Order Sunday, receive Thursday or Friday, like clockwork. Allow extra for Christmas.
    That's what normally happens with me too, at least if the stuff is in stock. I'm in NI, too.
  • I'm still waiting for an order after 7 weeks. I'm not happy with Thomann at the moment.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom