NAD - Fender content

What's Hot
RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
There was a fairly large Fender valve amp hole in the house after my '68 Custom Twin went to a new home. I scoured the classified here and also on the interweb around here for a suitable, realistic, replacement and have now, very happily, joined the least exclusive amp club in the world. A rather nice HRDX, roughly five years old but in barely used condition. Sounds glorious.

Very ably assisted by my good friend @erky32 to pick up where my language skills falter and to also properly test it out rather than my ham fisted three chords.

Very interesting, well to me anyway, is the fact that it is near silent when on. No discernible hum or hiss at all. A real revelation after my Twin.

Off to give it a quick polish and some aural abuse!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    Glad to hear a happy man @RichardJ,  .....I'm just looking forward to the new year when the novelty has worn off and we can sort out yet another deal   \:D/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    Nice one @RichardJ. Photos are mandatory in these situations if I'm not mistaken, perhaps with your FSR... And with this infernal southerly wind, my guess is that I might actually hear the HRD here in gloomy Sussex if you were to run it at full chat.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Richardj;63778" said:

Very ably assisted by my good friend @erky32 to pick up where my language skills falter....
    Off to give it a quick polish and some aural abuse!
    If it's Polish you'll need @erky32 's language skills again won't you? Dzien dobry!

Happy NAD, wonderful amps they are
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Well done. My HRDX was superb - had it for several years and only sold it because my homebuild amp was so similar. What speaker do you have? Mine sounded much better with Celestion CP80 - a cheap upgrade if you like a real clean Fender sparkle. I suspect the stock speaker works better with Drive sounds but it made the clean sound like a proverbial blanket muffled it.