What a major flipping annoyance ...

What's Hot
4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
Just making a start on the turret board for my JTM 45. I normally build my own, but I thought I'd buy a pre assembled board to save some time.

Except it's just made more work. I bought the turret board and all the components from the same place, but not a single resistor is long enough to reach from one side of the board to the other. So now I'm going to have to stick another row of turrets in so I can actually assemble the thing. You'd think that buying all the parts from one place would ensure they've checked that they actually work together. Sigh.

Rant over.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    edited December 2015
    Thats unfortunate.......understand your rantage.......I would be miffed too.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72934
    I would be so miffed I would demand a refund as Not Fit For Purpose.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    @ICBM can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not ... :-)

I will probably mention it to the seller though, I had turrets spare so it's not too much of a problem. Someone new to amp building and buying this as a kit or similar would have a load of faffing about trying to make things fit. Not ideal.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Couldn't you send it back and get one that's properly laid out? Surely it can't be the only one they sell.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    @sassafras the turret board is fine, it's the resistors that are too short. Anyway, I want to build this over Christmas, so I'll just mod it. :-)
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2606
    tFB Trader
    Is this the board I supplied, It looks like one of mine anyway. The turret spacing on that board is already reduced by one hole for the resistors compared to the original 60's Marshall layout. This is because modern resistors have shorter leads.
    Have you seen the layout on my webpage?
    There are 2w Carbon film resistors available with longer leads but those ones should reach between the turret holes with a small bend over on each end.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72934
    @ICBM can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not ... :-)

I will probably mention it to the seller though, I had turrets spare so it's not too much of a problem. Someone new to amp building and buying this as a kit or similar would have a load of faffing about trying to make things fit. Not ideal.

I'm not joking. A kit that can't be assembled with the parts supplied is not fit for purpose, unless it's specifically made clear that is the case.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein