edited December 2015 in Making & Modding
.... from a guitar shop. 

EDIT: content edited out as problem solved. Many thanks to Gavin at Axecaster
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    edited December 2015 tFB Trader
    Hi Jon
    I've replied to you on ebay but you may read this first.
    I think you have misread my reply. It's possible I sent you the wrong nut - I stock an Allparts bone nut which basically just has starter slots and needs a fair amount of work. The nut you ordered has more fully cut slots and for most purposes can be fitted with a little tweaking for height. Larger than 10 gauge strings may need some widening of the slots, which is mentioned in the listing.
    I sent you a picture of both nuts side by side so you can tell me which you received. If I sent you the wrong one the correct one will be in the post today.
    If I sent you the correct one but you find it unsuitable I'm afraid I will have to refund as they are all the same and a replacement will not be different.
    I hope that clears it up.
    By the way, the photo is a stock photo but one that I took of a nut from my stock - I'm quite proud of how it tuned out. 
    Cheers,
    Gavin
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2972
    tFB Trader
    Nuts are pretty much always going to need fettling to suit a particular guitar, there could be different neck radius and fret sizes really. Might get away with taking some of the bottom but it'd not be perfect.
    If you're in reach of Cambridge you're welcome to pop over and use my files.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    Hi Jon
    I've replied to you on ebay but you may read this first.
    I think you have misread my reply. It's possible I sent you the wrong nut - I stock an Allparts bone nut which basically just has starter slots and needs a fair amount of work. The nut you ordered has more fully cut slots and for most purposes can be fitted with a little tweaking for height. Larger than 10 gauge strings may need some widening of the slots, which is mentioned in the listing.
    I sent you a picture of both nuts side by side so you can tell me which you received. If I sent you the wrong one the correct one will be in the post today.
    If I sent you the correct one but you find it unsuitable I'm afraid I will have to refund as they are all the same and a replacement will not be different.
    I hope that clears it up.
    By the way, the photo is a stock photo but one that I took of a nut from my stock - I'm quite proud of how it tuned out. 
    Cheers,
    Gavin
    Hi Gavin

Many thanks for the reply - yes, the nut that I was sent has very skimpy slots so I guess the wrong one. Do you want it returned, if so just PM me the return address. Thanks again!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    Corvus said:
    Nuts are pretty much always going to need fettling to suit a particular guitar, there could be different neck radius and fret sizes really. Might get away with taking some of the bottom but it'd not be perfect.
    If you're in reach of Cambridge you're welcome to pop over and use my files.
    Probably a bit too far but many thanks for the kind offer!
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    edited December 2015 tFB Trader
    No need to return the nut - I've pmd you the comparison pic.
    Cheers.
  • I'd just like to say that I've just received some parts for a Tele build from @gavin_axecaster and he's done me a great service. Didn't know he was on here either.
  • Didn't know Gavin was here either.  I've ordered a fair few parts of him recently for a Tele and a Strat build.  Top service.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.