Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Could you

2»

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    I regularly play 35 song gigs with 1 pedal. It is a Nova system though hehe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Tuner
    DD3
    BUZZ BOX
    My amp is 2 channel.

Easy get by on that. 
  • Just got in from 2 hour gig no pedals 1 guitar 1 lead supplied pa does va capo count as fx (was an acoustic gig)
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Just got in from 2 hour gig no pedals 1 guitar 1 lead supplied pa does va capo count as fx (was an acoustic gig)
    No, but a lead and a PA does :).

The last acoustic gig I played was *acoustic* ;).

Not "unplugged". Which almost always isn't, and is a bit of a pet peeve of mine! An electro-acoustic with a cable in it is by definition *plugged* :P . Oddly enough there is one I sometimes play at which is described as an "open mic" and is also wrong because there is no mic!! [/pedant]

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• This really depends on what music you play and to some extent the guitar and amp you have.

Currently I need a tuner, noisegate and volume pedal as a minimum before I even consider anything else, so could only pull this off if the amp had built in reverb/delay and I ignored being able to boost the amp (again depends on the amp) or have a solo volume boost for dynamics. I'd also be ignoring modulated delay, which is why I did away with my chorus pedal - I never used chorus without delay, and my DD20 could do both and with one button press. If tuners don't count the DD20 would be my third pedal.

If I played a guitar with strat configuration I could maybe do away with the gate and volume pedal but would likely bodge some of the swell points and maybe not always kill the guitar fast enough to control feedback. I like to play LP types and also think unwanted feedback is unprofessional, hence why I'd prioritise the volume pedal and gate.