Does anyone know of a luthier who makes Gretsch Billy Bo type bodies/necks?

What's Hot
As I can't afford the real thing, I am looking to see if I can source parts, to build one myself.  Anyone have any useful parts for sale?  Primarily body/neck firstly.
Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have in my mind that puresalem guitars do a BB variant
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    @GavRichList - this one perhaps?  
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16329
    edited December 2015
    There was a company at the February Birmingham guitar show that did a Billy Bo style guitar. Hmm. Edit : no I can't remember :-S the exhibitors list I'd for 2016 now by the look of it.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Yep, there you go. They're pretty generous with their discounts too if you email them

yeah that's the one  :)   not sure about the pup in it, but should be easy enough to swap out.

video of same

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
    I'm fairly sure that our very own @GSPBASSES has done at least one of these in the past. That said might've been a bass
    DrBob said:
    I'm fairly sure that our very own @GSPBASSES has done at least one of these in the past. That said might've been a bass

I thought he had stopped supplying privately now?  :(
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
    entee;907655" said:
    DrBob said:

I thought he had stopped supplying privately now?  :(
    Hmm yes, that could well be the case sorry man
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2355
    tFB Trader
    I do make a Billy Bo look a like, the last one I made was a bass but the body shape is exactly the same just the pickup routs and the control cavity were different, it also had a P-Bass neck fitted. If you haven't found one yet drop us an email and I'll see what I can do.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stumbled on this, very posh version of a Billy Bo/ Jupiter.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @EricTheWeary - wow that's a bit different.  One of a kind though, so at least I don't have to save up  lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • entee said:
    @EricTheWeary - wow that's a bit different.  One of a kind though, so at least I don't have to save up  lol
    I haven't watched the whole thing yet, I don't suppose he says how much it cost but whatever it was I'm sure I can't afford one!