SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Cobain mustang

What's Hot
Been looking for a Kurt Cobain Fender Mustang in either 'fiesta red' or 'sonic blue'.
Anybody got one for a reasonable price?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    Don't think Iv ever seen a reasonably priced one ;)

Good luck though :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I know they dont come up for grabs very often. One sold on Ebay for £575 a while ago...id say thats a fair price.
  • Bump.
  • Theres a bloke near me that has one can't remember colour or how much he wanted, he offered me it as a trade a month or to ago. I'll try and track him down
  • do you mean a Jagstang?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers @mstill1984

@meltedbuzzbox i think they were mij from 2012, and cant find any new in uk stores. Dunno if they were discontinued or what.

They were made in 3 colours, and have the usual Duncan jb humbucker in the bridge with a single at the neck.
  • The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Hi, and thanks to Matt for the heads up on this. I've got one in red, pretty much mint, minus a single small paintwork ding. I'm not desperate to sell, but wanted £620 for it when I was trying to sell it. Open to offers and trades or p/x. If you're interested let me know!
  • mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 64
    edited December 2015
    That's OK, hope you can both come to a deal
  • Still looking.
  • Just a heads up @starwarsnosebleed - I remember spotting a couple of these in Fiesta Red for sale on the 'UK Guitar Amp and Gear Exchange' Facebook group when I was looking for something else the other day. Might be worth a look.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers @gapingGraves , im not on Fb though, im too anti-social for social networking!
    Think i might have sorted one cheap, in fiesta red. Should be viewing it this weekend.
  • I got a fiesta red kc mustang for sale,near perfect condition with original tremolo arm and fender strap,would be looking around 650