Threaded bits for p90s

What's Hot
I saw a photo of a guitar body that had some threaded bits in the cavity for the height adjustment screws on a p90.
My pickup came with wood screws not these things. Does anyone know what they are called I'd prefer them I think. Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72935
    Threaded inserts.

They're actually less good than the woodscrews though, so don't bother. They have a habit of allowing the screws to vibrate loose so the pickup works itself out of the recess.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    Cheers @Icbm, just wanted to do a proper job but good to know I already was.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16914
    On the same theme, anyone know where you can get a mounting bracket for a mini-humbucker.... Or even better one of the ones that's tapped for mini-hums or P-90's.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7107
    tFB Trader
    They aren't hard to make and you can find diagrams and dimensions on the web. I fabricated a couple from aluminium bar.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16914
    yeah, thats what I was going to do but I was surprised none seem to be available. its this version i would prefer

but f I make some I will probably just go with the more usual bar

I noticed wilkinson make some rings with screw holes in two of the corners - seems like such a good idea but i couldm't bring my self to do it - like this