SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

£300 - £400 to spend on back up combo - anyone have anything suitable

What's Hot
Lamf37Lamf37 Frets: 0

Was looking solely at Marshalls, but don't really care anymore as it's to be used as a spare anyway, provided it's fully working

and aint in a shitstate I'll listen to any offer...Don't mind a bit of travelling to collect provided you could meet up halfway.

Don't really wanna spend more than £300 - £400 with £300 being all I really wanna go to, but £400 at a push for the right

amp...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Where abouts are you mate? I have a ltd editon tweed blues junior in excellent condition which I don't use anymore due to an amp upgrade. Was looking for £375 for it.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    If it's a backup, get a JMD-1 !
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    Vox AC15C1 of any interest to you?

If memory serves I think your relatively close to me (Swansea).

• preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    I'm in Newport
  • bntylrbntylr Frets: 8
    Peavey 6505+ 112 combo?
  • Peavey Classic 30?
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    If you can find a Carvin Nomad 50w 1x12 combo it should be less than £300 and makes a great lightweight spare amp. I gigged one for a while (till my son 'borrowed' it when he went to Uni) and they are not bad amps at all.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Might be a bit overkill for a backup, but someone listed a TSL 602 for £250 on the bay this very afternoon.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    BigPaulie said:
    Might be a bit overkill for a backup, but someone listed a TSL 602 for £250 on the bay this very afternoon.
    The only problem with those is that then you need a backup for the backup :).

I have a Traynor YCV20 - 2 channel (shared EQ) with boost on the dirty channel (all footswitchable), reverb, V30 speaker upgrade, decent valves. £350 shipped.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited August 2013
    If you want a backup both for your amp and effects you could do much worse than a Fender Mustang III or IV. :)

They are also well within your budget.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    what's the "tone" reqs ?   metal ? rock ?  jazz ?  covers ?  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    ICBM;9603" said:

The only problem with those is that then you need a backup for the backup :)
    There's a man who must run a repair shop.