SUHR PT100SE - ANY LOVE AROUND HERE ?

FretKingFretKing Frets: 53
So I used to have a killer CAA PT100 - been a while since the all singing/dancing new Suhr version came 
out. Any of you guys owners ?

Just wondering what the general consensus is - never seen one on the used UK Market either.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• damm73damm73 Frets: 361
    I use a CAA PT50 as my main gigging amp. Had a good go on the new PT100 at GG in Glasgow, trying various strats through it.

Did it sound better than my amp? Well...yeah. Unfortunately. 

But that's maybe not a very objective opinion...the grass is always greener and all that. Certainly the difference was noticeable on ch2/3, not sure that they changed anything on ch1. And of course I was playing it through different cab/speakers to what I'm used to and only at a sensible volume. 

Still prefer the CAA logo though. 
  • I had one. The minimix in it is great as is the +4  -10 option on the loop. Soundwise I didn't like the gain structure unless the boost switch was engaged. Very American gain sounding amp although It does do a great plexi sound. I wanted a more British sound.  Peach are selling it.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2212
    I liked the OD50 Classic Plus I had. It's a different amp, but the lineage is obviously similar.
    Ultimately, I thought my 800 covered the medium to high gain British tones better.
    I also found the clean channel a bit dark to be honest.
    The PT series is voiced slightly differently, though, so it could be much more my bag. I've never tried one, but the PT does get a lot of love.
  • I have a CAA PT100- older model I think. I like it!
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I tried the PT at peach earlier this year. Wasn't really blown away, found it a bit "session", lots of good tones but nothing jaw dropping or full of character. Not really my cup of tea but I can see why some would like it.
  • Ta for the feedback fellas - had a feeling that there would be only a few owners at best.
    Still on my list to try due to the major voicing & feature set rehaul !