Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Effing fell over and broke a rib yesterday didn't I?

What's Hot

Comments

• I broke a rib whilst karting in August.  Still can't sleep on my right side.  Ok through the day though.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17702
    tFB Trader
    Sorry to hear that viz old bean.

It's the one injury where laughter is definitely not the best medicine. I recommend a good few sherries!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry to hear that mate.
    DO NOT SNEEZE.

• vizviz Frets: 10740
    Had half a bottle of cooking sherry which did the trick :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited December 2015

Oooh dear!

Get the missus to run around after you today, Dr.Chilli's orders! 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3644
    Get well soon mate.

I did one of mine hanging over a gate ........... don't ask. 
  • Ouch.,
    Mrs M had a rib removed three months ago for the surgeon to jack the rest of her ribs apart to remove a tumour.
    Do not sneeze is good advice..! She is healing from the op and thank god the tumour was benign , but a sneeze really hurts her....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What happens when you break a rib? I thought it was a case of going straight to the hospital for them to "fix"!?
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    thomasross20;910850" said:
    What happens when you break a rib? I thought it was a case of going straight to the hospital for them to "fix"!?
    It generally cracks and ends up as 2 pieces.
    edited December 2015
    Apparently you do nothing apart from take painkillers and try not to lift stuff, which is great! Wow egbdf that sounds awful
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited December 2015
    No sex, no laughing, no drink with pills, sit in a chair all day watching the telly.... could be worse I suppose? Just can't think how for the moment...give me a minute... 

• @viz. Yes worse months of our lives.
    Knowing there was a grapefruit size tumour pressing on her lung was very scary. Having dodged the bullet it turning out to be a very rare and benign I think helps the recovery. Her main concern is the twenty inch scar now, but massive relief and change of attitude to life for both of us.
    Sneezing though really makes her wince in pain. Though painkillers made her ill so she stopped them early on....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    Apparently you do nothing apart from take painkillers and try not to lift stuff, which is great! Wow egbdf that sounds awful

Unless you've badly broken it and punctured (or have the possibility to) a lung then generally it's painkillers and rest.

And, as viz says, egbdf that sounds really bad, hope she's better soon.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Painkillers are rest and it magically becomes unbroken!?
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4307
    It is possible that you'll get blood in the urine. I did when I broke two of mine windsurfing and they kept me in overnight. No strapping, just painkillers. You won't sleep well for a few days.
    Painkillers are rest and it magically becomes unbroken!?

Pretty much, yes, bones do reset and mend themselves, just takes a few days.

You'll have to trust me on that if you've never broken/cracked a bone.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12449
    Get well soon.
    Thanks mate. Woke up the morning and it's hurting like a shite. Too much strenuous washing up yesterday I fear!

Any excuse to avoid the washing up today eh viz?

You do know that getting a new guitar/amp/pedal instantly makes bust ribs feel better don't you?

Oh, and avoid sleeping on your side with the damage.

I already tried out my new keeley drive pedal but it's had limited effect so I'm looking at a new record player cartridge on ebay.