Christmas Swag

What's Hot
Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
edited December 2015 in Off Topic
It's not just about getting stuff and I'm happy to report that family members were pleased to receive the things that I'd thought of getting for them. As am I, various items were chosen from my Amazon WishList, but I didn't expect to get given a bottle of Talisker which was a nice thought :)
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    Way to go, @Phil_aka_Pip - I'll raise a glass of my Cardenal Mendoza brandy to you!
  • @Nitefly cheers, mate!

I've just unpacked the Pickmaster tool which was an imaginative gift from my eldest niece & her husband (and not on my WishList*), and tried it out on its own packaging (the printed card said there was enough plastic in the packaging to make 50 picks). I'd say the tool is quite successful on its own packaging, and a pick made of transparent plastic is way cool, apart from being difficult to find if you dropped it pr put it down somewhere. For my liking, the packaging plastic is a bit too thin & flexible, but I'll be happy to try it out with (eg) expired MU cards.

* For the last 15 years at least, I have used rigid picks made of either stainless steel or brass.

As I write this my PC's clock says 1127, so 33 mins before I can resume work on the Talisker (start any earlier and the guilt trip kicks in)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30975
    edited December 2015
    So excited- I got the 'Complete Written Works of David Beckham'.

I just hope the tattooists needle doesn't hurt.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    So excited- I got the 'Complete Written Works of David Beckham'.

I just hope the tattoists needle doesn't hurt.
    Better get it spell-checked first ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2469
    I got some Oil City pickups and wiring loom, a nice strap and straplocks, a Karcher K4 (middle age approaches), and whisky.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I've just unpacked the Pickmaster tool which was an imaginative gift from my eldest niece & her husband (and not on my WishList*), and tried it out on its own packaging (the printed card said there was enough plastic in the packaging to make 50 picks). I'd say the tool is quite successful on its own packaging, and a pick made of transparent plastic is way cool, apart from being difficult to find if you dropped it pr put it down somewhere. For my liking, the packaging plastic is a bit too thin & flexible, but I'll be happy to try it out with (eg) expired MU cards.

* For the last 15 years at least, I have used rigid picks made of either stainless steel or brass.
    Old credit cards work OK, especially if you can arrange for the embossed numbers to be where your thumb/finger grip the pick. Credit cards are almost stiff enough too :)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2094
    I got a cool studio chair, and some acoustic foam monitor speaker pads.

Happy.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited December 2015

Mrs C got me a collection of chilli dips and jams (yeah, I know, it's a bit chiched given the user name but the missus calls me Chilli).

My son bought me a BluRay player. Apparently it plays BluRay discs, whatever they are. He told me he'd chosen it because he was so embarrassed about my £17 Asda DVD player from when Noah was a lad, which displayed the Asda logo right across the screen in big green letters every time you turned it on. He also bought me the first series of 'Better Call Saul' on disc, so as soon as I can work out how to use the player, I'll be watching that. He also got me a large Toblerone because he always gets me a large Toblerone every year.

A flexible, magnetic, pick-up tool with an LED light on the end of it - @Emp_Fab - you need one of these.

A miniature ratchet screwdriver set for getting to screws in tight corners. Brilliant, another one for @Emp_Fab.

An LED lamp that you strap around your head - my mum asked if it was for use during sex so I could see what I was getting into, the dirty old cow.

A Ladybird book called 'The Midlife Crisis'. Yeah, well, so I'm having one, so what?

Someone bought me a music-quiz card game thing, I opened it up and the first question was about Bono and U2, so I threw them away.

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    An R2D2 tin full of R2D2 choccies, a bottle of Jack, a bottle of calvados, a couple of fleece/hoodie type things, 2015 Viz annual, 2015 Private Eye annual. So stuff to keep me fed, drunk, warm and entertained :) .

I did get myself a HRDX and a PRS SE just before though so I feel quite well looked after.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3644
    edited December 2015
    I got some crappy old Fender thing.
    ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24682
    I got a Breaking Bad hazmat suit, a Dara O'Brian DVD and a Bottesini CD.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72723
    I got a couple of calendars, some chilli chocolate, a mini-keg of beer, some handkerchiefs (I did actually ask for these! I haven't quite got to slippers yet…), a couple of books including a very nice one of photos of Kate Bush :), a Boss CS-2… and a Korg Miku.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    ICBM said:
    I got a couple of calendars, some chilli chocolate, a mini-keg of beer, some handkerchiefs (I did actually ask for these! I haven't quite got to slippers yet…), a couple of books including a very nice one of photos of Kate Bush :), a Boss CS-2… and a Korg Miku.
    Nice catch on the CS-2 - what's it like?
    Stop crying, start buying
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    Smashing pair of Opticron binoculars - very useful when dogging. 
    Muppet socks (I'm currently rocking Animal)
    Some craft ales
    Fat face hoodie
    Slippers because my old ones have been deemed a public hazard

No guitar related stuff, but £30 from granny-in-law, which will buy a box of strings. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72723
    Moss said:
    I haven't plugged it in yet. Having a day or two off from actually playing anything…

It should be like the last one or two (can't remember!) I've owned - slightly dirtier than a CS-3 when pushed hard. I saw it in the shop a few weeks ago and mentioned that I should probably buy it as it was the only compressor I've ever really liked, even though I don't use them much, but then forgot all about it. I didn't think any more about it until Christmas Eve when I got a little gift bag from the shop staff with a blue pedal in it :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    ICBM said:
    Moss said:
    I haven't plugged it in yet. Having a day or two off from actually playing anything…

It should be like the last one or two (can't remember!) I've owned - slightly dirtier than a CS-3 when pushed hard. I saw it in the shop a few weeks ago and mentioned that I should probably buy it as it was the only compressor I've ever really liked, even though I don't use them much, but then forgot all about it. I didn't think any more about it until Christmas Eve when I got a little gift bag from the shop staff with a blue pedal in it :).
    Great - might have to look out for a reasonably priced one
    Stop crying, start buying
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    ICBM said:
    ... a couple of books including a very nice one of photos of Kate's Bush :)
    Nice. 

Middleton or Adie?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I did alright for someone who never asks for stuff..

all Xbox One

Just Cause 3
    Screamride
    Watchdogs
    Final Fantasy X0 HD or whatever its called

Remington beard trimmer

£55 in cashola

Lynx  Black and Lynx Peace

chocs n sweets
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    From my son, a pair of HUGE brandy balloons so I can enjoy my Cardenal Mendoza;

From daughter #1, a brilliant book called "The Atlas of Remote Islands";

From daughter #2, a voucher for 2 sessions with a vocal coach - I've been moaning for ages that my voice has gone to shit, so this will make me do something about it.
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    I got a Squier standard Tele, a guitarist magazine, a memory foam pillow, dressing gown, a magnetic man that holds your car keys, obligatory socks, a cartoon of my family, a tee shirt and an m&s voucher.