Post-Crimbo scran

What's Hot
Today's breakfast was one cold pig-in-blanket, and a sandwich made from yesterday's gammon.

I also brought home stuffing balls, turkey slices, pigs-in-blankets, gammon slices, and slices of cold ham & beef which we didn't get though yesterday evening.
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I had 3/4's of a choc cheese cake for brekkie
    :D
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cold roasties with a dollop of mayo.....lush
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bubble and squeak using potatoes, sprouts and parsnips, mashed together, seasoned and fried in olive oil.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @GuitarMonkey yum yum :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    edited December 2015
    £50 of Iceland party food, enough to feed 20 spread between all 6 of us here. I can barely move. Can't beat a frozen chocolate eclair!
    That and £40 of Lidl's ales... Stick a fork in me I'm done! On the up side father in law has his ukulele out... (Not a euphemism)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Lamb curry, one of the Spice Tailor ones, coconut I think it is. I've chucked some honey and ground almonds in, plus a bit of cream, and it tastes gorgeous!

Might now have a pint of London Pride to deaden the pain in the knees from the obligatory Boxing Day hike down the seafront. The wife was desperate to go out so she could wear her new hat with a fluffy pom-pom on the top.

Apart from a sudden burst of activity on the wheel about 10am, the hamsters have been asleep all day. One of them is really fat, like a balloon with legs, and only wakes up to eat. Seems to me they serve about as much purpose in life as a wasp.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Might now have a pint of London Pride to deaden the pain in the knees from the obligatory Boxing Day hike down the seafront. The wife was desperate to go out so she could wear her new hat with a fluffy pom-pom on the top.

She couldn't have worn it in front of the tele?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• NeilNeil Frets: 3690
    Best part of a whole box of Waitrose choccy biscuits.
    :-S
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Boxing Day curry, and finishing off the rest of the Guiness.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    l
    mike_l said:

Mike, you're clearly single. When a woman gets any new kit, whatever that might be, she is immediately overcome with a burning desire to wear it, and prance around so everyone else can see it. It's genetic. Trust me.

Blokes on the other hand, have no such genetic desire to flaunt their kit, unless of course it is guitar-related, when it is perfectly natural and acceptable to want to flaunt such things, and for others to covet it.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    l
    mike_l said:

Mike, you're clearly single. When a woman gets any new kit, whatever that might be, she is immediately overcome with a burning desire to wear it, and prance around so everyone else can see it. It's genetic. Trust me.

Blokes on the other hand, have no such genetic desire to flaunt their kit, unless of course it is guitar-related, when it is perfectly natural and acceptable to want to flaunt such things, and for others to covet it.
    Ok, wear it in front of the tele, when anyone walks past she can go out the door, turn round and say, "hurry up, you always drag your feet" or summat. Gets to show off her kit, and nag at you, 2 birds, 1 stone etc.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Bubble and squeak using potatoes, sprouts and parsnips, mashed together, seasoned and fried in olive oil.

This is very Very acceptable
    maidenfan said:
    Cold roasties with a dollop of mayo.....lush

This is very VERY NOT acceptable
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just been next door for sausage rolls, stilton & port, whisky etc. Have been invited back later on for a meal to which I have agreed to take a bottle of Gewurztraminer.

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Bubble and squeak using potatoes, sprouts and parsnips, mashed together, seasoned and fried in olive oil.
    Just done this myself with the addition of turkey, stuffing, chestnuts (with the sprouts) and a bit of bread sauce to help stick it together.

Washed down with some Old Speckled Hen, I'm proper full now !
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12028
    Fried radish cake.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27858

The wife was desperate to go out so she could wear her new hat with a fluffy pom-pom on the top

Must have been a fair bit warmer in Margate than in Suffolk.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16915
    I didn't cook this year so I had no leftovers. But I am feeling the lack of bubble & squeak so I just cooked a massive batch of veg and mash.

Some for breakfast tomorrow and the rest will be formed into veggie burgers and frozen

This is very Very acceptable
    maidenfan said:
    Cold roasties with a dollop of mayo.....lush

This is very VERY NOT acceptable
    Always done it since I was a kid, one of my boxing day treats, I've passed it on to my two, who this afternoon sat down with a big cold platter of cold roasties, stuffing loaf, bacon from the Capon and huge drumsticks. I even let them both into the secret of the chicken oyster!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4951
    @maidenfan - a capon?  Wow, I didn't think you could get them any more - do tell! 
  • Nitefly said:
    @maidenfan - a capon?  Wow, I didn't think you could get them any more - do tell! 

I order mine from Blacker Hall farm, a local farm shop. I prefer it to Turkey, best roast chicken ever, some lemon in the cavity and herby butter under the skin. Giblets for the gravy, gorgeous! www.blackerhallfarmshop.co.uk