Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

We should ditch the parody section

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• If you had listened to my original advice on forum software from day one you could have run a poll to see how much of the forum wanted parody threads.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A parody thread is a one-hit joke (usually a very lowbrow simple joke) that warrants no reply, can't be avoided and becomes meaningless the minute a couple of threads separate it from the original yet it still pushes a real thread from the page. They are only "funny" because they are subversive towards the audience by being deliberately annoying - like the Family Guy chicken fights.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341

They are only "funny" because they are subversive towards the audience by being deliberately annoying - like the Family Guy chicken fights.

Whaaaatttttt???? The chicken fight are amazing, a highlight of Family guy!!!! very bad analogy .....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24440

A parody thread is a one-hit joke (usually a very lowbrow simple joke) that warrants no reply, can't be avoided and becomes meaningless the minute a couple of threads separate it from the original yet it still pushes a real thread from the page. They are only "funny" because they are subversive towards the audience by being deliberately annoying - like the Family Guy chicken fights.

I disagree.  They push a 'real' thread from the page ? - a 'real' thread - in Speaker's Corner ??!!!

As for being 'deliberately annoying', again I disagree.  Some of them are lame, yes, but it's in SC - who gives a shit.  Others however show a real sparkle of wit and have made me laugh out loud.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom