Bloody hell! gigs were cheap back in '82

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
Trawling around in my loft I found a couple of gig posters from my college days - Norwich school of art 82-85. I was amazed at how cheap gigs were back then, no wonder we saw so many bands. Good times, oh yes.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I don't remember Haze.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12449
    I've got a ticket stub for Black Sabbath playing the Albert Hall in the early 70s. A whopping 80p.
  • Marillion for £2.50. Sweet.

They played early on at Nostell Priory near my mums but she wouldn't let me go I was 12. It was repeated later that year for Rush at NEC. Still haven't forgiven her.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I don't remember Haze.
    Haze - superb 3 man prog band. They never hit mainstream, preferring to release stuff on their own record label. Paul McMahon on guitar and vocals, brother Chris on Bass, keyboards and bass pedals. They still keep various bands going up in their home town of Sheffield. I probably saw them live about 5 times.
    Randy California, in case anyone doesn't know, was a great guitarist and the main man for superb long running rock band Spirit. As a big Spirit fan back in the 80s, it was a massive thrill to actually catch him live.
  • I have some old gig stubs going back to early 90s.. Soundgarden w/ TAD supporting Brixton Academy £10. James at GMEX £8, Tori Amos with the superb Willy Porter supporting £12
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Woodstock's payment sheet back in the day.image
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Randy California, in case anyone doesn't know, was a great guitarist and the main man for superb long running rock band Spirit...
    ...and the writer of Stairway to Heaven... ;)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    axisus said:
    Trawling around in my loft I found a couple of gig posters from my college days - Norwich school of art 82-85. I was amazed at how cheap gigs were back then, no wonder we saw so many bands. Good times, oh yes.

Yeah, but how much was it to go and see good bands?   :D
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    axisus said:
    I don't remember Haze.
    Haze - superb 3 man prog band. They never hit mainstream, preferring to release stuff on their own record label. Paul McMahon on guitar and vocals, brother Chris on Bass, keyboards and bass pedals. They still keep various bands going up in their home town of Sheffield. I probably saw them live about 5 times.
    At the stoat and bottle .... great stuff, although it went downhill when they turned into World Turtle, and did one of the brothers then quit? It was getting a bit Spinal Tap by then. But boy, that takes me back.
  • hotpot said:
    Woodstock's payment sheet back in the day.image
    Santana got $750? Bargain of the century!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mart said:
    axisus said:
    I don't remember Haze.
    At the stoat and bottle .... great stuff, although it went downhill when they turned into World Turtle, and did one of the brothers then quit? It was getting a bit Spinal Tap by then. But boy, that takes me back.
    Good knowledge! Actually I think the World turtle album is pretty good. Brothers are still together, I've been on their mailing list since the 80s!