Speakers for a Super Bass

samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
edited January 2016 in Amps
To cut a long story short, story I've decided to buy another amp and sell my home combo to help fund the purchase along with a couple of guitars.

So for home use, im gonna use my Super Bass, but i want to keep it compact, so going to pair it up with a 2x12 cab. If i was gigging id get 2x100w speakers, but since it will be used at home at low volumes i could get a way with a 2x12 lower than 100w.

What are some speakers that you guys would recommend?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Creambacks - G12M-65s for thick midrange and tighter bottom-end, G12H-75s for deeper bottom and top and clearer mids, depending on what you want… or even one of each.

That makes a 130W or 150W cab anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    ICBM;920884" said:
    Creambacks - G12M-65s for thick midrange and tighter bottom-end, G12H-75s for deeper bottom and top and clearer mids, depending on what you want… or even one of each.

Combination would be cool and relatively cheaper...i could get standard marshall 2x12 cab and change one speaker only.
  • samzadgan said:
    ICBM;920884" said:

Combination would be cool and relatively cheaper...i could get standard marshall 2x12 cab and change one speaker only.

The H75 is based off the H30, which is different from the standard Marshall T75.

I second creambacks.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    samzadgan said:
    ...i could get standard marshall 2x12 cab and change one speaker only.
    The H75 is based off the H30, which is very different from the standard Marshall T75.
    Edited for accuracy :).

Might be worth a try anyway. You can always change the second one later.

The only problem is that most second hand 1936 cabs you'll find are JCM900/early JCM2000 ones which are made of pressed cardboard MDF, and crap. They have recently gone back to using ply for them, as far as I know - but make sure what you're getting.

Buying a Marshall cab is always a relatively expensive option too - the logo seems to add about £50-£100.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    Yep a pair of Creamback M. I had the H and was never really happy with 'em. Love the M.
    I guess creambacks it is then.

I hear ya about the marshall cabs...the benefit is the dimensions (especially the width) and how well it suits the marshall head. Ofcourse the older i can get yhe better.

If harley benton was cheap to ship to Oz, id probably buy an unloaded one and get some creambacks to fit in.
    just worked out something really cool.

Thoman ships to Australia, and if the weight is under 30kg's then its a flat EUR50 shipping fee!

for that shipping fee I would get a harley benton unloaded cab, which is 25kg...then on a seperate purchase get the creamback speakers.

even with shipping and buying new, that would turn out cheaper than buying a second hand cab here and changing speakers.