Foot switch for red knob "The Twin"

What's Hot
As the title suggests I have a 90s red knob "The Twin" amp but never had the footswitch to change between channels. Anyone know where I can get one from that will work?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    I think the one for the current Blues Deluxe will work - Fender used the same type of voltage-sensing logic for both, and from what I remember the same voltages control the same functions on any amp which they're marked correctly for - channel and reverb in this case - @MattFGBI should know for sure. If so you can get one via any Fender dealer.

A standard one-button or two-button latching footswitch will *not* work though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    This is the one you want: 

0994056000      FOOTSWITCH 2 BTN CHNL/REV

Any Fender dealer can get one for you. And yes, it's the same as the Blues Deluxe f/switch. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

I've probably said this before, but it really baffles me why Fender doesn't use this system universally (apart from on vintage reissues) - it's far more reliable and problem-proof than the specific multi-pin cables and switches used on some of the more recent models.

In fact it baffles me almost as much why any manufacturer is still doing it any other way - Fender developed this system in the late 80s, and it's not rocket science.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Thomann have this. Specifically mentions Red Knob Twin:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_2way_footswitch.htm

• @MattFGBI

Will this work with a red knob super 60 as well? I've been trying to figure out which switch to get for mine for ages.

(Apologies for thread hijack)
    Not sure of the top of my head - will need to check the drawing when I'm in the office tomorrow. 

contactemea@fender.com 

No, the reverb isn't footswitchable on the Super 60.
    You need this one:

Matt will be able to give you the code number.

@Dave_Vader 0994052000      FTSWITCH 1 BTN CHL w/LED - again, any Fender dealer can get oen for you. 

They will look like ICBM's picture or this one, depending on the age: 

contactemea@fender.com 

• Thanks chaps, that explains a lot.