Why do Fenders sound crap cranked?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Cranked traditional 'classic' model Fenders are superb cranked...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    I have a SF Pro Reverb and that sounds great cranked, although I generally prefer a cleaner sound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    My Fender Deluxe Reverb, set to just slightly breaking up, sounds great to my ears, but it's an old style breaking up type sound......................
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • Well although it's only the 40 watt version I can't crank it at home, hence the attenuator. But, as I said, it's nice as it is.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    Well although it's only the 40 watt version I can't crank it at home, hence the attenuator. But, as I said, it's nice as it is.
    They're brilliant amps (not like the ultralinear ones which sound shit IMHO).  Try turning the bass down to 4, treble at around 6 and the volume down to 7.  Stick a Strat through it and as @Gassage says, jump on your Tubescreamer of choice.
  • DanDan Frets: 441
    I love the sound of cranked Fender amps.

I once took my deluxe reverb to rehersal and cranked it. Just glorious! Princeton reverb is lovely too.