Surrey and West Sussex jam sessions

What's Hot

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    I'm in Epsom and well up for this.  Can do most evenings except for a Tuesday or Thursday.

I also have a drum kit, I'm a slightly better drummer than guitarist so can play a little bit if need be but would prefer to play guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 509
    I'll bring my 3 year old, he's like Animal from the Muppets and plays a mean biscuit tin / dog / baby sisters head!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2555
    This all looking positive. I think I'll have a look around at somewhere we can meet. Bear with me, I'm also selling a house and looking for somewhere to live at the moment!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9673
    I'm in. West Suusex here, but due to the erratic nature of my work can't really guarantee when I can get there.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I'm another West Sussex resident so defo interested.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Might be able to rustle up a bass player if we need one.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Hey, i'm West Sussex too. I know a few decent venues that are either free or very low cost with good acoustics that'd be accessible both from b'ton & north surrey. also don't mind bringing my bass along to run with
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JonHarperJonHarper Frets: 3
    edited January 2016

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Mark_R said:
    I'm in Epsom and well up for this.  Can do most evenings except for a Tuesday or Thursday.

I also have a drum kit, I'm a slightly better drummer than guitarist so can play a little bit if need be but would prefer to play guitar.
    What is your kit?
    Mine is a Gretsch Renown 24/16/13 with various Ludwig snares- will probably bring a 14x5" Supra, DW9k hardware.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Is anyone thinking of singing, and if so, how would we amplify that?
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 509
    I have a mixer and mic so can run it through the aux on my or someone else's amp
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Sweet. I don't sing but it was just one of those questions!!

I'm happy to bring along any of my kit if people want to try things out, so perhaps once we've got a venue and date arranged I'll list up what there is to consider.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2555
    edited January 2016
    JonHarper said:
     I know a few decent venues that are either free or very low cost with good acoustics that'd be accessible both from b'ton & north surrey. also don't mind bringing my bass along to run with
    Cool. I'll PM you in the near future. It's sounding like this will be good. As said earlier guys, bear with me, at the moment I'm battling with solicitors over the finer details of selling my house. Once sorted, it's all systems go.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I'm down with this!!! Based in Surrey and happy to drive!

I can also be an Drummist but don't have a kit.... I do have a personality though, so it's not ALL bad :)
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    If Octatonic is going I'm game. If we find a room with bass backline I could competently take care of bass duties at least half of the time.
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    I can potentially bring a couple of PA speakers if we want them to amplify vocals. 
    octatonic said:
    Mark_R said:

What is your kit?
    Mine is a Gretsch Renown 24/16/13 with various Ludwig snares- will probably bring a 14x5" Supra, DW9k hardware.
    Ive got a very old and well abused 7 piece Perl Export Stage Kit with a mix mash of hardware.  Far too loud for most small pubs!
    There is Hook Recording Studio, its part of Hook Library in Chessington http://www.hookstudio.co.uk/book-session/

£18 per hour and looks like its available Monday evenings.  It does have a house PA and drum kit and would house 8 people tops.
  • I'd be up for another get together. I'll bring my kazoo and a stylophone.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28228
    I have a Stagesource if anyone wants their singing made louderer. Otherwise I'll bung guitar through it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."